Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have gotten offers from all the universities I applied for but I’m having a really hard time deciding which one to choose between 3 of them.

Which are :
Cardiff(Psychology)
Royal Holloway(Psychology and criminology)
Loughborough(psychology with criminology)

I know Cardiff is a Russell group uni but to be honest I am more drawn to Royal Holloway, but I also really like Loughborough😫

Since I am international I can’t visit them nor do I know a whole lot about them so if you guys could help me decide that would be great😂
Wilson1218
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don't have any factual advice as I don't know much about those Unis or your course, but I will say that if you are drawn to one over some others then it's usually best to go for the one you're drawn to (unless it's only because of friends/family being nearby/at the same uni).
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have gotten offers from all the universities I applied for but I’m having a really hard time deciding which one to choose between 3 of them.

Which are :
Cardiff(Psychology)

I know Cardiff is a Russell group uni but to be honest I am more drawn to Royal Holloway, but I also really like Loughborough😫

Since I am international I can’t visit them nor do I know a whole lot about them so if you guys could help me decide that would be great😂
Choose whichever one you most prefer, which one you can see yourself studying at. Russell Group honestly means nothing.
adhfdhdfhf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Firstly, don't base your choice on league tables, as these are not an official representation of student potential.
Choose one that represents your personality, such as Loughborough is know for their sporting attitude and if you like sports, you might enjoy it there
Nautilus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Things to consider other than the course:
Cost of accommodation
Ease of travelling to and from where you live
Whether you want a campus university or a city university. Loughborough can feel a little isolated as it is a campus
Anonymous #1
Thank you all for your reply’s, I know it’s up to me in the end and that I shouldn’t worry about ranking but I just can’t help it
Anonymous #1
Do any of you know what the night life is like at them? I’m especially curious about Cardiff as it is in wales and here where I’m from at least wales is known for being boring and a bit “ghost-ly”
Nautilus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Cardiff is the capital city of Wales, not some dead backwater. If anything Loughborough and Royal Holloway are more isolated as neither of them are in a major city.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do any of you know what the night life is like at them? I’m especially curious about Cardiff as it is in wales and here where I’m from at least wales is known for being boring and a bit “ghost-ly”
Cardiff is mental for a social life. It is a very friendly city. Where did you get impression it is ghostly. Loughbouroh is very sporty and outside any major city. Campus based. So is royal Holloway despite. So do you want city or country.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey.

I'm from Barry (which is a little ways-away from Cardiff) and lived there the majority of my life. In my later years I moved to Sheffield. I've learned that a lot of major cities like Cardiff, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, are all very similar. I couldn't tell you about the course in particular, but you'll expect a roughly average/similar baseline for quality in social life, etc.

As per the advice of the others in the chat. I would advise you to just pick whichever you like the look of most and go with your gut.

Joshua
UGP1023
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hello
I am also in a similar dilemma between Cardiff and Royal Holloway...
And I really like royal holloway😫
But I’m so afraid that it would be really dumb to choose Royal Holloway over Cardiff?
How is Royal Holloway seen? Is it a good university?
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

Which are :
Cardiff(Psychology)

Hiya,

Have you tried joining one of our web chats? This way you will be able to chat to current students and staff to see if Loughborough is right for you. You can ask specific questions about your course, accommodation, etc. whatever you want to know!

Whilst we are a campus uni in a town, there are great transport links to Nottingham, Leicester and London. Plus the town is always changing with new things to do and discover every year.

If you have any more questions about Loughborough specifically feel free to PM us.
Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
67.14%
No (115)
32.86%

Watched Threads