RAF Fitness Watch

josephine130801
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How do I do a push up for the RAF, armed forces in general. I've seen loads of people do it differently. I think I'm doing them right, not sure though.

Is the 12 week fitness Programme on the RAF website for anyone? Like even someone like me who can do a 1.5mile run in 30 minutes?
BeardedLoadie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by josephine130801)
How do I do a push up for the RAF, armed forces in general. I've seen loads of people do it differently. I think I'm doing them right, not sure though.

Is the 12 week fitness Programme on the RAF website for anyone? Like even someone like me who can do a 1.5mile run in 30 minutes?
So in the down position you'll be expected to be at a bent elbow of 90 degrees.

Just keep practising your mile and a half. I'd say first, get on a treadmill and give it your best effort. Then just increase the pace slightly each time. Dedicate yourself to it and you'll get there.

At Halton, you'll be doing a bleep test as part of your fitness test
saporitoez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you are wanting to join the RAF then I would recommend getting your fitness up to scratch before applying!
The 12 week fitness plan is really great as long as you stick with it! But as for the press ups, practice makes perfect... Whilst training for PJFT practice doing the press ups a minute after you finish your run and then a minute after do your sit ups... this will give you a realistic picture of what the PJFT will be like as you practically go straight into press ups afterwards (at least thats what my PTI did)... Definitely recommend having a decent level of fitness before you apply as the application can be pretty fast paced if you pass everything first time
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by josephine130801)

Everything you're asking can be found here:

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/h...gibility-check

There's an Armed Forces forum on TSR:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=96
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads