Relative is asking me for money Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have a relative who has a full time job, who is asking me for £30.
I don't want to give her the money.
Why should I? I have no right to. It's my money. I'm a uni student, I live in halls, I pay my rent, food and stuff for myself and for my studies and I pay for my transport. I have budget that i stick strictly to and I don't want to lend my money to anyone, if I'm being honest.
How should I put it into words that I don't want to give them my money without sounding rude?
Kaz_xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
just be like ur sorry but ur tight on money this month so u can't help
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just say that you are a student without a monthly paycheck and don't have any spare cash.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, you're not obliged to give them money at all.
Just tell them that being a full-time student, you have to budget with your money and you can't afford to help them out this time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Just say that you are a student without a monthly paycheck and don't have any spare cash.
My relative is already aware that I have no job and I can rely on my student loan. If I was to say I have no spare cash I'm pretty sure she will assume I'm lying because I'm sometimes questioned about how much money I have by members of my family.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Yeah, you're not obliged to give them money at all.
Just tell them that being a full-time student, you have to budget with your money and you can't afford to help them out this time.
Thank you.
adhfdhdfhf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If this relative, is truely a relative they want the best for you and i dont see why telling them no would be rude in anyway. If you cant pay them then dont. This would be different obviously if you had spare cash but you dont. Your relative will be understanding.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My relative is already aware that I have no job and I can rely on my student loan. If I was to say I have no spare cash I'm pretty sure she will assume I'm lying because I'm sometimes questioned about how much money I have by members of my family.
A reminder may well make her feel guilty for asking you and discourage her from asking any other students in the family who are not working.
Anonymous #1
So I messaged my relative and mentioned about being on budget and not having enough to spare. Which she has taken into consideration. Whew it's all over now!
I hope no one asks me ever again (even as selfish as it may sound).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads