Is quizlet good for e.g. science combined or just in general for GCSE subjects? Watch

E.S
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Is quizlet good?
Owenstampy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends on the subject AND unit.
It works better for some units than others (most people don't realise this and find themselves really good at somethings and insecure at others) . this also applies in general for all revision methods, some are better than others depending on what your acctually learning
LMR127
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I find it useful for learning science equations or short facts, but anything long becomes difficult to remember. Check if the deck was made by a teacher or not too, that way you'll avoid people's personal revision.
blueberrybowl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yasssss

Was my main revision tool for all GCSES and A levels so far

I got mainly 8’s
baekie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by blueberrybowl)
Yasssss

Was my main revision tool for all GCSES and A levels so far

I got mainly 8’s
do u have any sets i can use for combined science higher?
blueberrybowl
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hudz1e)
do u have any sets i can use for combined science higher?
No sorry I did triple and deleted all of mine that I made
E.S
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by blueberrybowl)
No sorry I did triple and deleted all of mine that I made
I guess I'll do that for some subjects just to test it out...but can I ask how long were your answers to a question you wrote down. Did you make it very lengthy and detailed or did you try and make it as simple and short as possible when making your flashcards
blueberrybowl
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by E.S)
I guess I'll do that for some subjects just to test it out...but can I ask how long were your answers to a question you wrote down. Did you make it very lengthy and detailed or did you try and make it as simple and short as possible when making your flashcards
kept it simple. just included key words. i broke it down into small cards. i mainly did key terms and definitions. i can show you some of my current flash cards to give you an idea if you like
blueberrybowl
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by E.S)
i made notes straight from the revision books i bought. i didn’t answer any questions as such
XiaoXiou
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I used it for history dates and events - other than that, I didn't bother with sciences. It's good for short factual recall. I think it depends more whether it works for you. I wasn't really a fan of flashcards - more of a mind map person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (346)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.24%