The Student Room Group

Is quizlet good for e.g. science combined or just in general for GCSE subjects?

Is quizlet good?
Depends on the subject AND unit.
It works better for some units than others (most people don't realise this and find themselves really good at somethings and insecure at others) . this also applies in general for all revision methods, some are better than others depending on what your acctually learning
Reply 2
I find it useful for learning science equations or short facts, but anything long becomes difficult to remember. Check if the deck was made by a teacher or not too, that way you'll avoid people's personal revision.
Yasssss

Was my main revision tool for all GCSES and A levels so far

I got mainly 8’s
Reply 4
Original post by blueberrybowl
Yasssss

Was my main revision tool for all GCSES and A levels so far

I got mainly 8’s

do u have any sets i can use for combined science higher?
Original post by hudz1e
do u have any sets i can use for combined science higher?

No sorry I did triple and deleted all of mine that I made
Original post by blueberrybowl
No sorry I did triple and deleted all of mine that I made

I guess I'll do that for some subjects just to test it out...but can I ask how long were your answers to a question you wrote down. Did you make it very lengthy and detailed or did you try and make it as simple and short as possible when making your flashcards
Original post by E.S
I guess I'll do that for some subjects just to test it out...but can I ask how long were your answers to a question you wrote down. Did you make it very lengthy and detailed or did you try and make it as simple and short as possible when making your flashcards

kept it simple. just included key words. i broke it down into small cards. i mainly did key terms and definitions. i can show you some of my current flash cards to give you an idea if you like
Original post by E.S

i made notes straight from the revision books i bought. i didn’t answer any questions as such
Reply 9
I used it for history dates and events - other than that, I didn't bother with sciences. It's good for short factual recall. I think it depends more whether it works for you. I wasn't really a fan of flashcards - more of a mind map person.

Quick Reply

Latest