how do teachers prep a level maths students Watch

curiousperson123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am talking edexcel maths a level as an external candidate. I feel relatively confident but I know people at school will be more prepared for a level maths than me.
I've done all the edexcel past papers and gone through only the topics I find hard in the text book. I've revised from revision guides etc. But I know kids are tested a lot at schools e.g mini tests and covering questions over and over again and learning easier methods for certain calculations.
This is giving me serious anxiety
curiousperson123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
!!!
Puli.17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You sound very well prepared as it is and that's coming from an a level maths student! I don't think us covering questions repeatedly would affect you as long you keep all of your own knowledge up to date it should be fine. And for the easier methods, they're easily findable online. However I would stick with methods your comfortable with even if it takes you slightly longer. Even from teacher to teacher the methods they teach can vary significantly- I often find that I can't do maths with friends due to it! Also, easier methods may prove more difficult when it comes to more difficult questions. I hope this helped😊
Dancer2001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you tried doing papers under test conditions and marking them? As long as you can do that and get a decent grade, you know you’re on track.
Our teachers often give us questions from other exam boards from topics that haven’t come up a lot, or just for some extra practice in a different style. This helps me understand the content better, and practice dealing with questions I don’t instantly know how to answer.
I mainly used the textbook questions for topics I didn’t understand, because they’re a bit too easy for general practice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads