by boyfriend is 34 and im 19 is this an issue Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I went out with my girls at one point and I met this guy, we hit it off and he booked a hotel room and we spent the night together, the next morning when we were getting to know each other the age question never came up. after 2 weeks of texting and meeting up spending weekends together I found out there is a 14 year age difference. He is looking for a wife and someone to have kids with but I still have to finish uni. do you think this will last
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This has to be a troll.
Anonymous #1
its not
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
its not
Ok, but how can a bunch of random strangers, many of them school students, have any idea whether such a relationship might last?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No.

You are in two different places in life. Not just physically but mentally as well. This is evidenced by the fact he's ready to settle down and start a family and you have other commitments and goals right now. To work as a couple you would need to be more in tune with each other.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
No.

You are in two different places in life. Not just physically but mentally as well. This is evidenced by the fact he's ready to settle down and start a family and you have other commitments and goals right now. To work as a couple you would need to be more in tune with each other.
I would want to get married and have children after I graduate. I just feel like right now it would be a **** move to drop out after my parents have paid for 2 years of university
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I would want to get married and have children after I graduate. I just feel like right now it would be a **** move to drop out after my parents have paid for 2 years of university
as long as hes willing to wait then it should be fine but personally cos of the age gap its too much u could always find a guy closer to ur age as ull understand each other more better. Just think about when u were born he was in his teens.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Your age is the gap between me and my wife...
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why would a guy want a relationship with someone young enough to be his child? I agree this is probably a troll.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Why would a guy want a relationship with someone young enough to be his child? I agree this is probably a troll.
I think your maths has gone wrong. Either that, or you have children very young round your parts...
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The age gap in itself isn't an issue, but the fact you want very different things from the relationship probably is.
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
I think your maths has gone wrong. Either that, or you have children very young round your parts...
A guy could definitely get a girl pregnant at 15. I went to school with a girl who had a kid at about that age, although I believe it was with a guy who was already old enough to have had a mortgage at the time. I live in a ****hole former mining community FYI.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
A guy could definitely get a girl pregnant at 15. I went to school with a girl who had a kid at about that age, although I believe it was with a guy who was already old enough to have had a mortgage at the time. I live in a ****hole former mining community FYI.
if the girl was 15 she was a miner
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not gonna last. It's not the age gap that's the problem, it's the fact that he's far more experienced and mature than you and clearly wants a young partner to have kids with before it's too late.
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
its not
Oh well if the troll says its not. It can't be.
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
if the girl was 15 she was a miner
That girl just didn't get a break did she, pregnant at 15 and sent down the mines...poor kid.
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Not gonna last. It's not the age gap that's the problem, it's the fact that he's far more experienced and mature than you and clearly wants a young partner to have kids with before it's too late.
Jeezus bones! He's only 34!

Sure he's not got long left and finding a young partner is the only way to have kids...but aside from that it's all roses.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Spanx)
Jeezus bones! He's only 34!

Sure he's not got long left and finding a young partner is the only way to have kids...but aside from that it's all roses.
From the woman's perspective, not his :lol: A 19 year old is going to be way more fertile than someone his own age, just think it's a bit of a red flag to tell someone you're actively looking for a wife and kids rather than just progressing into a normal relationship.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 2 weeks ago
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
From the woman's perspective, not his :lol: A 19 year old is going to be way more fertile than someone his own age, just think it's a bit of a red flag to tell someone you're actively looking for a wife and kids rather than just progressing into a normal relationship.
More fertile, more pert, more flexible...right I think I need to find myself a 19 year old. I'm taking your advice, I'll be sure to tell her it's just a ONS or maybe a ****buddy type thing and definitely no wife or kids so it progresses naturally. I mean if she has them, fine but that is her life when we're not together.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (471)
59.25%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.41%
No- I want it (228)
28.68%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.67%

Watched Threads