username5125568
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#1
For my Nov mocks i did triple and got 2 6s and a 5, for my february mocks i did combined and it was so much easier (maybe also due to the fact i revised).
For A-levels i want to do Chemistry and Biology, should i do Triple or not?
Also wondering if i can ask to do triple now and if i can change my mind mid march etc be moved down to combi?
0
reply
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 year ago
#2
There's probably a deadline for the date at which you can change, you'll want to ask your school about that. About A levels, you'll want to check with the sixth form you are applying to for their entry requirements. My school allow combined students to science A levels but they needed 7,7 whilst triple students just needed a 7 in their science.
1
reply
username5125568
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#3
The 2 6th forms im looking at want either 7-7 combined or 6-6, I would prefer to do triple but if im not confident maybe drop down, if thats possible?
0
reply
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#4
Report 1 year ago
#4
Like I said, you want to check with your school for when the GCSE entry deadline is. However, you may want to consider if you struggle with triple science you will struggle even more with science A levels. I know people who got 7/8/9s in triple science GCSE who are now achieving E/Us at A level, they are a very large step up. Not to say that you shouldn't though, if you work hard enough you will be fine with your A levels.
I suggest that you ask your school about the deadline and possibly try out the triple science February mock under timed conditions if you can. Just to see how confident you are.
0
reply
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#5
Report 1 year ago
#5
Around now (i think) schools will be making the exam entries so I don't know how late you can leave it.
1
reply
username5125568
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#6
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#6
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Around now (i think) schools will be making the exam entries so I don't know how late you can leave it.
I will talk to my head of science tomorrow
0
reply
username5125568
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#7
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#7
Alright thank you
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (71)
38.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (28)
15.14%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (8)
4.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (20)
10.81%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (21)
11.35%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (18)
9.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
10.27%

Watched Threads

View All