M584 – Condemnation of Liverpool FC Motion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago

What is this thread about?
This is a joke bill in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a piece of proposed legislation that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the bill's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

M584 – Condemnation of Liverpool FC Motion, The Mogg MP

This house condemns the existence of Liverpool Football Club, on the grounds it has somehow turned the Premier League into the second coming of Ligue 1. The very fact that the Scottish Premier League title race is more interesting shows just how much Liverpool has ruined the beautiful game. Hell, even the Bundesliga and Serie A have title races, while our prestigious league is being ruined by the Scousers.

The house hereby calls Liverpool to have a lifetime transfer ban imposed on them, to be fined £999bn, permanently expelled from all domestic competitions, and to be put down to the lowest division in English football because they’re all clapped. Furthermore, the house calls on UEFA to permanently expel Liverpool from all European competitions effective immediately, because if they win a 7th this year then we’ll never hear the end of it. Finally, the “liver bird” on their badge clearly incites hate against animals everywhere which is totally unacceptable.

I commend this perfectly legitimate motion to the house.
Cabin19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I rather have Liverpool dominating than Manchester City or worse Manchester United. I mean Manchester City have spent £1 billion yet can't keep up
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I was expecting it to be written by Connor...hardly unprecedented for teams to totally dominate
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I was expecting it to be written by Connor...hardly unprecedented for teams to totally dominate
This is a very Connor-like motion, granted. I just got really bored and decided to vent my frustrations at being surrounded by Liverpool fans (with being geographically close to Merseyside and all) in joke motion form.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
As a Man City fan I fully support this.

My only concern is there's someone at Premiership Rugby who's reading this motion and getting ideas...
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
A round of applause for the last line there
Possibly this
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Personally, I regret to say I would reject this motion, on the basis that it is currently regarded as a joke bill. However this is a deeply serious matter for all involved and must be treated as such. Liverpool is a dangerous and disastrous force on our nation and must be put to a stop automatically. I also feel that this motion does not go far enough and should include the people of Liverpool too as they are the primary propagators of this tyrannical propaganda machine which has generated an army of radicalised Liverpool supporters nationally and internationally.

They are weeds in our garden, we must be weed spray!
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
As a Man City fan I fully support this.

My only concern is there's someone at Premiership Rugby who's reading this motion and getting ideas...
We should not compare a team who will probably win a trophy that they last won when Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister with the rugby cheats and ground stealers of Copthall stadium.

I think Manchester United should spend a season in the Championship instead.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I do not follow sportsball at all, so I have no idea what is going on here :lol:
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Abstain; ice hockey is the superior game.

🎶Kuka pelkää Leijonaa🎶
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Possibly this)
Personally, I regret to say I would reject this motion, on the basis that it is currently regarded as a joke bill. However this is a deeply serious matter for all involved and must be treated as such. Liverpool is a dangerous and disastrous force on our nation and must be put to a stop automatically. I also feel that this motion does not go far enough and should include the people of Liverpool too as they are the primary propagators of this tyrannical propaganda machine which has generated an army of radicalised Liverpool supporters nationally and internationally.

They are weeds in our garden, we must be weed spray!
Hear, hear!
(Original post by barnetlad)
I think Manchester United should spend a season in the Championship instead.
Hear, hear!!!
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
As a Man City fan
Definitely not hear, hear.
(Original post by shadowdweller)
I do not follow sportsball at all, so I have no idea what is going on here :lol:
sportsball?!?! That's it, incoming Condemnation of shadowdweller Motion.:lol:
5ATB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Frauds got taken to penalties by Carlisle United. Aye.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
sportsball?!?! That's it, incoming Condemnation of shadowdweller Motion.:lol:
I was going to say football, but that implies I watch other sports :lol:

Count me out unless it's about ice hockey
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've applied to LJMU so I feel some kinda obligation to vote nay even though I don't care about football either :hide:
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)

🎶Kuka pelkää Leijonaa🎶
Paging shadowdweller
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Paging shadowdweller
See now, that I can get onboard with! :mmm:
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Written by someone who obviously doesn't have good Football knowledge. If you think the Premier League is even remotely like Ligue 1 and the SPFL is more interesting than the EPL, you're a dunce.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
Written by someone who obviously doesn't have good Football knowledge. If you think the Premier League is even remotely like Ligue 1 and the SPFL is more interesting than the EPL, you're a dunce.
Oh come on Soggy, I thought you of all people would be able to decipher sarcasm in a joke motion. Everyone with a few brain cells knows that if Rangers and Celtic were put in the EFL, they'd be relegation zone Championship sides at best.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Whatever our views on Liverpool FC, I suggest we re-think our views on joke motions and bills. I suggest that we require the support of a given number of individuals to allow these to be put to the vote, or perhaps imitate the RL Parliament in having Early Day Motions (one per day), which can be debated for say three days.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Oh come on Soggy, I thought you of all people would be able to decipher sarcasm in a joke motion. Everyone with a few brain cells knows that if Rangers and Celtic were put in the EFL, they'd be relegation zone Championship sides at best.
I disagree, as they would attract better players than they do now.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads