M584 – Condemnation of Liverpool FC Motion Watch

This discussion is closed.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't follow this sport, as it's essentially glorified fetch: but aye.

(Original post by Glaz)
I've applied to LJMU so I feel some kinda obligation to vote nay even though I don't care about football either :hide:
There are 2 teams in the city of Liverpool, don't worry about it.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
There are 2 teams in the city of Liverpool, don't worry about it.
Indeed, there's Liverpool (the destroyers of all things good in the world) and Everton (who are... well... Everton)
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Indeed, there's Liverpool (the destroyers of all things good in the world) and Everton (who are... well... Everton)
Exactly. Everton are extremely inoffensive because they deliberately make a point of never winning anything!
SankaraInBloom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Exactly. Everton are extremely inoffensive because they deliberately make a point of never winning anything!
As a Boro fan, I think I must be one of the few football fans who hates Everton - I went to Goodison for an FA Cup quarter final in 2009, and they went full "dirty Leeds" on us and scraped a win - hated Everton, David Moyes and Marouane Fellaini to this day!
BosslyGaming
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hear, hear. Liverpool winning the league is an abomination and a national embarrassment. The house must intervene.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Whatever our views on Liverpool FC, I suggest we re-think our views on joke motions and bills. I suggest that we require the support of a given number of individuals to allow these to be put to the vote, or perhaps imitate the RL Parliament in having Early Day Motions (one per day), which can be debated for say three days.
I've suggested that, but that would mean that the LibLabCon parties have to do more whipping which would be a pain.

That, and our privatising air, banning Liverpool FC or whatever joke items we can create would be a bit weird.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
I've suggested that, but that would mean that the LibLabCon parties have to do more whipping which would be a pain.

That, and our privatising air, banning Liverpool FC or whatever joke items we can create would be a bit weird.
A free vote on joke bills perhaps??
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
A free vote on joke bills perhaps??
It's not that, it's that I as a whip would have to remind people (probably numerous times) to vote on meaningless items since they would count towards voting reviews. Making joke items not count towards voting reviews... then I could get on board.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Making joke items not count towards voting reviews... then I could get on board.
However if you do that then you may as well just not have a vote, because people will likely not bother to vote anyway. Theoretically this could also lead to joke items becoming TSR law if enough people voted aye for the laugh.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
However if you do that then you may as well just not have a vote, because people will likely not bother to vote anyway. Theoretically this could also lead to joke items becoming TSR law if enough people voted aye for the laugh.
Then lets just leave it alone as it is, the TSR world won't be much improved if we can vote on joke items.

In other news I'm now going to follow my ancestry and watch rugby because VAR is a joke
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads