The Student Room Group

GCSE Music

Hey, i just made an account because I’m wondering if anyone has any useful tips on how to revise for music gcse. I’m doing well on my mocks but i want to improve and do better. I’m on the edexcel course and it would be great to hear back from anyone who’s also on this course or has completed it.
Reply 1
Original post by Ashley2004
Hey, i just made an account because I’m wondering if anyone has any useful tips on how to revise for music gcse. I’m doing well on my mocks but i want to improve and do better. I’m on the edexcel course and it would be great to hear back from anyone who’s also on this course or has completed it.

Heya! I'm also doing Edexcel. My teacher has given us loads of mindmaps, condensing all the info about the set works. I've also been playing the songs from Spotify (like 30 seconds) and trying to identify different features from extracts I have played. I'm not sure if they're effective revision methods but I've been getting like 8s in my mocks :smile: What composition brief did you choose btw?
Original post by louuxmm
Heya! I'm also doing Edexcel. My teacher has given us loads of mindmaps, condensing all the info about the set works. I've also been playing the songs from Spotify (like 30 seconds) and trying to identify different features from extracts I have played. I'm not sure if they're effective revision methods but I've been getting like 8s in my mocks :smile: What composition brief did you choose btw?

That sounds quite helpful and i'll give it a go myself, thank youuu. I'm in year 10 so i don't get my composition briefs till September so we're just starting our free composition now. Congrats with your mocks too (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending