louuxmm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm doing GCSE Edexcel Music and I've chosen brief 3: Compose a trailer soundtrack for a film about a theme park.

Basically, I really wanted to focus on the suspenseful, dramatic and tense-aspect, for example in trailers for Jurassic World, rather than the positive fantastical concepts and musical ideas as heard in typical orchestrated music or something from Disney Land- considering how its for a TRAILER for a film, not a soundtrack for a theme park.

I've created a composition that's very Egyptian and trailer like, in order to develop that mystery and trailer aspect.

Am I on the right path? Or should I just scrap it to make something that sounds like it would be played in Disney Land?
lectergraham
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly, your idea sounds fantastic! The brief is up to your personal take on it, so I'd say stick with as you've come this far. I'm not sure about the edexcel spec, but I did AQA and you have to write a few hundred words on how your piece fits the brief so if edexcel has a similar thing, you can justify your piece there :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (228)
61.29%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.3%
No- I want it (103)
27.69%
No- I don't want it (25)