What happens if you fail resit on an MA course? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have a resit to do but I think I will fail it again. It's a presentation which I am rubbish at, I have anxiety and am really introverted. It's really difficult for me to project my voice or talk without a script but it has to be engaging with the audience so I can't read off a paper. I don't know how I will memorise it or even talk to the audience. Im so anxious. I asked a tutor what happens if I don't pass and they said they don't know but have every faith I will pass when I told them I think I'll fail. I think I will pass the content. I need to just add more depth to it but the presentation part I will fail. I know it. It's really stupid, the tutor should know the answer to this question.
biisii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You may be advised to withdraw if you fail again
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Presentations aren’t about memorising what you’re going to say word for word.

Have a piece of paper with que words to jog your memory of what to talk about on each slide.

You’re obviously not comfortable doing presentations but it’s a requirement for your course and most likely later in life. As they say... ‘fake it till you make it’.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
https://copperbadge.livejournal.com/3406378.html <this has some excellent tips on presenting well if you’re an introvert.

Do your best. Your student handbook should explain what happens if you fail a resit. It might be that you’re awarded a PGDip instead of a masters if you don’t pass sufficient modules.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (495)
59.71%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.19%
No- I want it (235)
28.35%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.76%

Watched Threads