Vicloulev
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have been working in ey for 14 years have a level 3 in childhood development and level 3 in teaching assistant. I work in ey in a sen school and am acting as a unqualified teacher for the year. I'm not young have gcse in english and maths but not science. Is there any online courses i could do to further my career into teaching qualified?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vicloulev)
I have been working in ey for 14 years have a level 3 in childhood development and level 3 in teaching assistant. I work in ey in a sen school and am acting as a unqualified teacher for the year. I'm not young have gcse in english and maths but not science. Is there any online courses i could do to further my career into teaching qualified?
This is a great question and I'm not sure I have the answer. I'll tag Get into Teaching who may be able to help more.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vicloulev)
Thanks for the tag @04MR17

Hello Vicloulev

You have such a wide wealth of experience, which will support an application for teacher training. To become a recognised teacher in EY or in Primary, you'd need to complete a course that would award EYTS (Early Years Teacher Status) or QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) The entry requirements for a course that awards EYTS/QTS for are Eng, Maths and Science GCSEs. I would encourage you to speak with your headteacher and see if they could enter you as a private candidate in any of the schools they may have links to. If this is not an option, (you feel like you'd need to attend classes) then consult with your local college. Courses for GCSE begin in Sept. Have a look at the GCSE bitesize revision and quizes/tests to judge how much support you may need to decide which option you do. There are online courses, but Science GCSEs often involve experimentation and exploration as coursework, which require a lab!

The other entry requirement you'd need would be a degree (L6 qualification) You could consider doing a combined degree with QTS. (Info here) or a degree in a subject you really enjoy, and then complete a post-graduate teacher training course.

While this may seem a significant challenge, it would be in your interest to have these qualifications so that you are rewarded with the levels of pay that a qualified teacher attracts as opposed to someone employed as an unqualified teacher. They qualifications are open to any one of any age and so that shouldn't put you off!

Wishing you all the very best!

Jane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads