user157
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is anyone getting grades 7+ in maths? How do you revise because I really want to do medicine but I’m getting 4s /5s in my mocks and I need a 6 atleast for science but if I want to do a level maths I need a 7 or above so can anyone help please. Also my dad said I could get a tutor but I don’t want to waste his money and still do bad and I feel like they’ll be expecting me to do be doing really well and getting 9s if I have one so idk :/ I just don’t want to let them down coz all my cousins have got 8/9 in maths.
Jonny012
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got an 8, I had a tutor but didn’t really teach me a lot tbh mainly just allowed me to have a structured time to revise and go over week areas, was really just a weekly check up. However if you are getting 4/5’s I would recommend one, but you probably will be able to get just as good help by your teachers. Without a doubt buy the text book, if your on edexcel buy the Pearson one it’s thick and is filled with greatness. With maths you need to know the understanding behind everything to become fluent in question types , so once the understanding is covered rope learning I find is the best method to get methods stuck in your head, practice makes perfect... make revision notes with key formulas and ideas, and test yourself regularly on them, also any questions you get wrong from the textbook or elsewhere note the questions down so you can go back to them at a later date. After become fluent in methods and topics do as many practice papers, and mark these yourself paying attention to examiners reports and where you pick up marks so you know what to put down on your exam. Plan your revision and do more work on weak areas don’t be afraid to face the weak parts. Any questions more questions feel free to message me, I currently do maths and further maths at A level so chances are I’ll probably be able to help. Good luck
Sharknado12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't yet done my gcse, but I got a grade 9 in mocks. What really helps is doing practice papers and just getting used to the type of questions. By knowing what methods you need to apply, the tests become much easier. Maybe you could talk to your teacher about resources you could use. What about trying online quizzes and videos? I'm sure with work you will get the grades you need. Best of luck
sieccles
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by user157)
Is anyone getting grades 7+ in maths? How do you revise because I really want to do medicine but I’m getting 4s /5s in my mocks and I need a 6 atleast for science but if I want to do a level maths I need a 7 or above so can anyone help please. Also my dad said I could get a tutor but I don’t want to waste his money and still do bad and I feel like they’ll be expecting me to do be doing really well and getting 9s if I have one so idk :/ I just don’t want to let them down coz all my cousins have got 8/9 in maths.
The most important thing with maths is to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Once you have gotten the gist of how to do a topic (i.e. area and perimeter of cirles) find worksheets online and just practice them as much as possible. The more you do, the easier it will be to calculate because you have done so much practice. Be motivated and keep your head high because I’m sure you will do great nevertheless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed