.N.A.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello all, please spam me with handy quotes from A Christmas Carol relating to any of the core themes for GCSE (Eg, redemption or poverty etc). I hope this helps anyone else who needs this as well.

Thanks
Someonesendhelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bah humbug- Scrooge
As merry as a school boy- Scrooge’s redemption
You have replaced me with an idol, a golden one- belle theme of greed

I’m sorry it’s late and my brain it dead but I hope these three help
Someonesendhelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh and “the den of infamous resort” for poverty
gonzalez607
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by .N.A.)
Hello all, please spam me with handy quotes from A Christmas Carol relating to any of the core themes for GCSE (Eg, redemption or poverty etc). I hope this helps anyone else who needs this as well.

Thanks
"God bless us everyone!" - Tiny Tim, shows how a child in poverty is still happy and thinks of others/family
"The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons they teach" - Scrooge, contrasts the beginning of the novella and he is now willing to accept change. Could also be said that the reference to the spirits of all three also resemble the holy trinity = God and redemption.
"if they would die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population" - Scrooge, ironic as he begs the spirit towards the end to save Tiny Tim
"I'll give you Mr. Scrooge, the founder of the feast!" - Bob Cratchict, despite living a life of poverty and not being paid alot by Scrooge, he is still grateful for what little Scrooge gives and considers himself lucky.
"Any cratchit would have blushed to hint at such a thing"- Although the Cratchits are poor, they are united and love eachother. It can be argued that they are richer than Scrooge in the sense of connectivity and love

I hope that this has been somewhat useful
.N.A.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you both!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (264)
60.97%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.85%
No- I want it (116)
26.79%
No- I don't want it (32)