ItzLexiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I'm starting iGCSE next year and I would like to know more about the system since I'm international and only know a couple of things about it. I want to know like how hard is it (both gcse and a levels)? What happens if you fail? What are the maximum amount of subjects you can take? Are the exams hard in both gcse and a levels? Is studying GCSE hard? Physics or Biology if I want to become an engineer? Is international GCSE different from normal GCSE? Is it possible to take more than 5 a levels? Is gcse important for univeristy? How is the grading system like? Can I still take the SAT and TOEFL even if im doing GCSE/GCE?
And please add furthermore essentials you think I should know. I'm really looking forward to know more about it.
Ps; our examination board is Pearson Edexcel, just thought I should add this detail.
Thank You Everyone!!
johnnyliu8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ItzLexiii)
So I'm starting iGCSE next year and I would like to know more about the system since I'm international and only know a couple of things about it. I want to know like how hard is it (both gcse and a levels)? What happens if you fail? What are the maximum amount of subjects you can take? Are the exams hard in both gcse and a levels? Is studying GCSE hard? Physics or Biology if I want to become an engineer? Is international GCSE different from normal GCSE? Is it possible to take more than 5 a levels? Is gcse important for univeristy? How is the grading system like? Can I still take the SAT and TOEFL even if im doing GCSE/GCE?
And please add furthermore essentials you think I should know. I'm really looking forward to know more about it.
Ps; our examination board is Pearson Edexcel, just thought I should add this detail.
Thank You Everyone!!
Hi! I am currently an A level student and I did my IGCSE two years ago. My exam board is CIE. IGCSE is pretty easy once you know the work. However, A levels is a huge step from IGCSE. As a student like you, I wouldn't worry too much about the IGCSE, once you know the work and do the past papers, you're fine. I don't think there's a limit of how many subjects you can choose but it depends how much the school offers. If you want to go into engineering, physics is recommended. I have heard that GCSE is actually easier than IGCSE but I can't say for sure. For a levels, it's possible to take more than 5 subjects but it will be a bit too heavy and plus university only wants 3 a level subjects. From what I have seen so for GCSE math and English are the most important GCSE subject university require and maybe B's in some subjects if you're applying to like oxbridge. Yea you can do your SAT but that is for universities in USA only. I don't think you need to do TOEFL if you have like a B in GCSE English. Hope this was helpful.
Last edited by johnnyliu8; 1 week ago
freeyaarose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by johnnyliu8)
Hi! I am currently an A level student and I did my IGCSE two years ago. My exam board is CIE. IGCSE is pretty easy once you know the work. However, A levels is a huge step from IGCSE. As a student like you, I wouldn't worry too much about the IGCSE, once you know the work and do the past papers, you're fine. I don't think there's a limit of how many subjects you can choose but it depends how much the school offers. If you want to go into engineering, physics is recommended. I have heard that GCSE is actually easier than IGCSE but I can't say for sure. For a levels, it's possible to take more than 5 subjects but it will be a bit too heavy and plus university only wants 3 a level subjects. From what I have seen so for GCSE math and English are the most important GCSE subject university require and maybe B's in some subjects if you're applying to like oxbridge. Yea you can do your SAT but that is for universities in USA only. I don't think you need to do TOEFL if you have like a B in GCSE English. Hope this was helpful.
its 3am lol go to sleep
johnnyliu8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by freeyaarose)
its 3am lol go to sleep
bruhhh, it was 11:00pm by me when I posted this. lol
freeyaarose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by johnnyliu8)
bruhhh, it was 11:00pm by me when I posted this. lol
what the heck haha
ItzLexiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thank You so much!! This was really helpful 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (264)
60.69%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.83%
No- I want it (117)
26.9%
No- I don't want it (33)