Could I have an eating disorder by any chance? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

Obviously there are many habits I do (lool it’ll be a whole essay) but one habit that really stood out to me is that I stop eating anything I feel like I’ve ate loads of in a day (eating a lot of it=I really like it and I’ll eat more of it again). So for example, I ate lots of cheese sandwiches today (knowing how calorific it is), now I’ll never eat cheese again because I feel like I’ll eat loads of it again then get addicted to it (then bred will be next lool) I cancelled out many foods from my diet ie chicken, red meats, rice, pasta, hummus etcc. Should I get help or is that not a big deal?
Blueclueless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Obviously there are many habits I do (lool it’ll be a whole essay) but one habit that really stood out to me is that I stop eating anything I feel like I’ve ate loads of in a day (eating a lot of it=I really like it and I’ll eat more of it again). So for example, I ate lots of cheese sandwiches today (knowing how calorific it is), now I’ll never eat cheese again because I feel like I’ll eat loads of it again then get addicted to it (then bred will be next lool) I cancelled out many foods from my diet ie chicken, red meats, rice, pasta, hummus etcc. Should I get help or is that not a big deal?
Feeling like you’ve had too much of a food is normal and even having loads then not having it for a while is normal.

However If you’re cutting most foods out your life because you feel they are fattening is an early sign of a developing ED
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blueclueless)
Feeling like you’ve had too much of a food is normal and even having loads then not having it for a while is normal.

However If you’re cutting most foods out your life because you feel they are fattening is an early sign of a developing ED
That’s exactly what I do. So what now?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
i think only really you can say (this post felt pretty vague too lol sorry) but if you have to ask if your relationship w food is unhealthy then it probably is. if you’re comfy doing so then talk to someone, family friends or whoever but also speak to your gp? get their thoughts on whether or not your behaviours unhealthy and what kinda help can be put in place, just be completely honest and open with them
Anonymous #1
i think only really you can say (this post felt pretty vague too lol sorry) but if you have to ask if your relationship w food is unhealthy then it probably is. if you’re comfy doing so then talk to someone, family friends or whoever but also speak to your gp? get their thoughts on whether or not your behaviours unhealthy and what kinda help can be put in place, just be completely honest and open with them
I tried making it less vague so you could understand but I guess not. I know I’ve got an unhealthy relationship with food and friends and family realised this too but what am I meant to do now lool?
paigeb2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

I would say cancelling out foods from your diet is bad every one should have a balanced diet , also think your relationship with food isn't healthy wont hurt discussing this with your gp
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I tried making it less vague so you could understand but I guess not. I know I’ve got an unhealthy relationship with food and friends and family realised this too but what am I meant to do now lool?
Seeing your GP would be best, they'll be best place to actually provide practical help.
Blueclueless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s exactly what I do. So what now?
Go to therapy. Ignore these thoughts as much as you can because holy ****ing it’s not worth it. You won’t get thin. You’ll just get depressed have headaches and have your whole life ruled by food. ED’s are a parasite on your brain but luckily you’ve caught it early meaning you can get help before you sink.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (344)
60.25%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.25%
No- I want it (156)
27.32%
No- I don't want it (41)
7.18%

Watched Threads