Are my extracurriculars good enough for biomedical engineering? Watch

Leonie20024
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am planning to do biomedical engineering at uni and I’m currently in year 12. My extracurriculars right now are:
- physics tutor
- bronze DOfE
- student ambassador
- admin for MUN
- I am planning on doing a MOOC in summer
I feel like none of my extra curricular are very strong. What could I do to improve my cv and show my interest in engineering and medicine? And something I could do before having to apply to university next year
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leonie20024)
I am planning to do biomedical engineering at uni and I’m currently in year 12. My extracurriculars right now are:
- physics tutor
- bronze DOfE
- student ambassador
- admin for MUN
I feel like none of my extra curricular are very strong. What could I do to improve my cv and show my interest in engineering and medicine? And something I could do before having to apply to university next year
You could contact a local hospital with a biomedical engineering department to ask if they have any Open days or opportunities for work experience? Some of them offer this like UCLH in London. But if you can’t get any work experience it shouldn’t matter, your extracurriculars sound fine as they are
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leonie20024)
- physics tutor
- bronze DOfE
- student ambassador
- admin for MUN
Extra curriculars don't matter for engineering, it's your grades that count when it comes to university admittance - so focus on your grades (medicine is different, but biomedical engineering comes under the engineering department).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (369)
67.21%
No (180)
32.79%

Watched Threads