The Student Room Group

Pre - Eurovision chat thread - #### contest now been cancelled #####

This years Eurovision Song Contest has been confirmed and will be hosted in Rotterdam in a few months time - likely to be Saturday 16th May :dance:

Some countries have already chosen their music artist to represent their country. However, a lot of artists, songs, not to mention the running order of the semi finals /the Grand Final have yet to be released, so its all to play for :yes: :danceboy:

Do you watch Eurovision? :five: :iiam:

Which countries songs are you most excited to listen to this year?

Do you have any favourite Eurovision songs from past competitions? :music:
Post them below!!!! :tongue: :woo:

Use this thread to chat about all things Eurovision-ey :grouphugs: :party:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Chronoscope

This years Eurovision Song Contest has been confirmed and will be hosted in Rotterdam in a few months time - likely to be Saturday 16th May :dance:

Some countries have already chosen their music artist to represent their country. However, a lot of artists, songs, not to mention the running order of the semi finals /the Grand Final have yet to be released, so its all to play for :yes: :danceboy:

Only 100 days .... yay!

My favourites for this year are "Fai Rumore" (Italy), "Attention" (Norway) and "On Fire" (Lithuania). Was disappointed by the Czech Final Results, was really hoping for Barbora Mochowa instead of Benny Cristo but then his song kinda grew on me. But then this year the songs are a let down compared to last year's. Expected more from Hooverphonics of Belgium ;-; but "Release Me" is a bit too repetitive. I hope VICTORIA (Bulgaria) sends a good power ballad.
Original post by JohnnyHK
Only 100 days .... yay!

Even less to go now :woo:
Original post by KiwiKiddo
My favourites for this year are "Fai Rumore" (Italy), "Attention" (Norway) and "On Fire" (Lithuania). Was disappointed by the Czech Final Results, was really hoping for Barbora Mochowa instead of Benny Cristo but then his song kinda grew on me. But then this year the songs are a let down compared to last year's. Expected more from Hooverphonics of Belgium ;-; but "Release Me" is a bit too repetitive. I hope VICTORIA (Bulgaria) sends a good power ballad.

Only heard 'Release Me' so far - I liked it but it did remind me of something else, couldn't quite put my finger on it though :smile:
Even less to go now :woo:

Only heard 'Release Me' so far - I liked it but it did remind me of something else, couldn't quite put my finger on it though :smile:

It has a bit of a James Bond-y edge to it. The closest song I can think of is "Skyfall" by Adele, just the vibes though.
Seems like this is ours, huh :biggrin:
Lets have a listen....:music:
Screenshot_20200227-233725_Samsung Internet.jpg
Trending #2 on Youtube
Screenshot_20200227-233725_Samsung Internet.jpg
Trending #2 on Youtube

It's the best since Lucie Jones 2017. But holy frick, Germany's entry is dope.
I wonder what will happen :sad:
Screenshot_20200318-143958_Facebook.jpg
:undefined:rip understandable though :cry2:
:undefined:rip
understandable though :cry2:
NOOOOO I WAS SO WAITING FOR IT!! Cri. Please be held in 2021. So much time and effort went to waste because of this stupid virus.
:undefined:rip
understandable though :cry2:
I have expected this decision and it is understandable and just a consequence in times of the Corona-Virus. A real pity for the singers in particualr, but the only way.

Quick Reply

Latest