Anyone want to chat about eating disorders? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Know you’re not alone x. Ive been suffering from disordered eating for like a year now. What’s your story?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I used to put it off as binge eating or comfort eating. I went through an illness when I was 11-12 that meant I physically couldn’t eat and when I was better my mother encouraged very unhealthy eating habits, “she’s too skinny, she can eat what she wants” sort of thing. She’s also not very good with portion control and is very fixated on body image. Fast forward eight years, I starve myself and binge eat, live at extremes. The thing is, this is okay, no one worries because I’m fat. When I lose weight, I get praise and that feels really good. I don’t starve myself so much anymore, I always try to eat at least something even if it’s ice cream or a cucumber and I have to limit the food I have in the house so I don’t eat thirty packets of crisps at once. Getting out of the house more and keeping occupied, having a routine and set meal times is also helpful for me but I’m still in the thick of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (478)
59.38%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.34%
No- I want it (231)
28.7%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.58%

Watched Threads