As and a level law, 2 years course in 2 months. Can it be done? Watch

eumnara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Right, so a few weeks ago I received an offer from LSE to study international social and public policy with politics. The condition was that I get AAB. I was thrilled until in realised that the condition also stated that I was to get AAB, in subjects EXCLUDING Business studies. Now, I am doing the CIE A levels in Economics, English, Business and Maths. I gave the English exam in October and received an A. Since most unis need only 3 A level subjects and since Maths was not a requirement for my course in any of the universities, I decided that Math was not for me and stopped studying for it.
Obviously, the decision to stop studying math was taken long before I received any of my offers. Anyway, since LSE did not explicitly state that they needed math, but stated that they did not need business (which inevitably left me with math), I decide to write them an email asking that if I were to take an A level law exam in may June and was to get AAB in Economics, English and law, would my offer still hold
To surprise they actually said yes.
Since I live in India, I give the February march series of the exam and I would be done with my A level eco and bst on 4th March. The law exam is on 27th may and I will be sitting AS as well as A2 papers to receive the full A level. So that's 4 papers and 2 years of course essentially and about 80 days to complete it. I also don't have a teacher and will be preparing on my own.
In my humble opinion, I would consider myself to be above the average level of intelligence. I'm a genius my no means but I think I'm a quick learner and can retain information effectively. The question is - CAN IT BE DONE????
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by eumnara)
Right, so a few weeks ago I received an offer from LSE to study international social and public policy with politics. The condition was that I get AAB. I was thrilled until in realised that the condition also stated that I was to get AAB, in subjects EXCLUDING Business studies. Now, I am doing the CIE A levels in Economics, English, Business and Maths. I gave the English exam in October and received an A. Since most unis need only 3 A level subjects and since Maths was not a requirement for my course in any of the universities, I decided that Math was not for me and stopped studying for it.
Obviously, the decision to stop studying math was taken long before I received any of my offers. Anyway, since LSE did not explicitly state that they needed math, but stated that they did not need business (which inevitably left me with math), I decide to write them an email asking that if I were to take an A level law exam in may June and was to get AAB in Economics, English and law, would my offer still hold
To surprise they actually said yes.
Since I live in India, I give the February march series of the exam and I would be done with my A level eco and bst on 4th March. The law exam is on 27th may and I will be sitting AS as well as A2 papers to receive the full A level. So that's 4 papers and 2 years of course essentially and about 80 days to complete it. I also don't have a teacher and will be preparing on my own.
In my humble opinion, I would consider myself to be above the average level of intelligence. I'm a genius my no means but I think I'm a quick learner and can retain information effectively. The question is - CAN IT BE DONE????
Unlikely in the time available!
eumnara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by mgi)
Unlikely in the time available!
not even a B?
I did A level English in about 20 days and got an A. But to be fair, it was 2 papers as opposed to 4 for Law and I had done IGCSE English as well so it wasn't an entirely new subject for me. But I'm really hoping I can scrape a B for law. If I study 4 hours consistently every day, without fail then maybe just maybe 280 hours of law would get me a B
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by eumnara)
not even a B?
I did A level English in about 20 days and got an A. But to be fair, it was 2 papers as opposed to 4 for Law and I had done IGCSE English as well so it wasn't an entirely new subject for me. But I'm really hoping I can scrape a B for law. If I study 4 hours consistently every day, without fail then maybe just maybe 280 hours of law would get me a B
With no prior knowledge of law or experience studying it, the chances of getting a B grade in just two months of study is probably <5%. It's a fraction of the time available, and similar to the amount of time a candidate might spend revising the subject, not learning the content AND revising!

Unless you are a genius (and that would be evidenced by your having done something similar to this previously), I think you need to urgently rethink this strategy.
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm doing A-Level law, albeit with a teacher at school, but I could NEVER imagine myself learning all the content with my other subjects all in 2 months. Even doing AS in that would be such a struggle. The amount of content in Law is insane.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (234)
67.24%
No (114)
32.76%

Watched Threads