Where should I apply to study? Watch

Mxhn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey,
I’m currently studying in Germany to get accomplish my associates dagree as a lab tech. I definitely want to go to university when I finished my degree. My preferred bachelor Programms would be Molecular science, Biology, Biotechnology or Forensic science. The thing is, why I’m asking y’all, is that I wish to immigrate to Canada when I’m finished with my bachelor study (and perhaps master), to work and live there. So I’m now thinking about where it would be best to study pursue this dream. The main problem is I can’t afford university that are to expensive. So if I would like to study in Canada or USA I only could afford “Saint Mary’s” or “Wilfried Laurier University” (in Canada), which are having a not to well world university ranking. Or “California state university Long Beach” (USA), which is slightly better the previous one, but not to much. On the other hand there would be the possibility to get my dagree in the UK (Glasgow, Dundee or Edinburgh) or perhaps Ireland. Even those aren’t the top universities in England they would be significantly better ranked then the one I could afford in Canada/USA, but there I wouldn’t have that much possibilities to get in contact with new people from Canada (which could help for further steps of immigration and work).
What do you guys think?
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mxhn)
Hey,
I’m currently studying in Germany to get accomplish my associates dagree as a lab tech. I definitely want to go to university when I finished my degree. My preferred bachelor Programms would be Molecular science, Biology, Biotechnology or Forensic science. The thing is, why I’m asking y’all, is that I wish to immigrate to Canada when I’m finished with my bachelor study (and perhaps master), to work and live there. So I’m now thinking about where it would be best to study pursue this dream. The main problem is I can’t afford university that are to expensive. So if I would like to study in Canada or USA I only could afford “Saint Mary’s” or “Wilfried Laurier University” (in Canada), which are having a not to well world university ranking. Or “California state university Long Beach” (USA), which is slightly better the previous one, but not to much. On the other hand there would be the possibility to get my dagree in the UK (Glasgow, Dundee or Edinburgh) or perhaps Ireland. Even those aren’t the top universities in England they would be significantly better ranked then the one I could afford in Canada/USA, but there I wouldn’t have that much possibilities to get in contact with new people from Canada (which could help for further steps of immigration and work).
What do you guys think?
Slight geography problem there. Glasgow Dundee and Edinburgh are in Scotland not England. I think you sound rather arrogant as if coming to the UK is like a third choice. But of course you won't make the contacts here will you. So maybe don't bother.

Edinburgh and Glasgow are two of the top universities in the UK. Edinburgh is particularly sought after
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (410)
67.43%
No (198)
32.57%

Watched Threads