Ready to withdraw from university Watch

ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Computer Science
Ok - so how many hours a week are you spending studying and how many are your course mates putting in?
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can go to my local GP cos I don't live that far away .
then go there. Tell him/her that you have low mood and that you might have anxiety. He/She will diagnose you and then you can give that paperwork to the university and suspend your studies for a year.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by emily_000)
then go there. Tell him/her that you have low mood and that you might have anxiety. He/She will diagnose you and then you can give that paperwork to the university and suspend your studies for a year.
I've already spoken to him about it in December and gotten my exams deferred as well as getting a meeting with a councillor.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
hi i'm a first year student who was going to uni in london and interrupted my studies due to similar reasons to yours but mainly due to the fact i'm unhappy with my course. i'd say complete the year. you've missed the ucas application period. finish the 1st year and then transfer.
Anonymous #1
hi i'm a first year student who was going to uni in london and interrupted my studies due to similar reasons to yours but mainly due to the fact i'm unhappy with my course. i'd say complete the year. you've missed the ucas application period. finish the 1st year and then transfer.
I already applied on Jan 15th and currently hold 2 offers
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've already spoken to him about it in December and gotten my exams deferred as well as getting a meeting with a councillor.
yes but is better is you suspend your studies. Just send an email to your university and tell them:

"I want to suspend my studies for a year can you please send me the form so I can complete it and send it to you?" They will send you the form... then complete it and send it to them. Don't forget to include a letter from your GP.

Is better to take a year out rather than to drop out. During that year as I already said you can think of whether university is for you or not and if you want to return or not.

Or during that year you can apply to other unis and go to another university.
Last edited by emily_000; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
(or second year if you pass this year and the courses are compatable) in September
- You'll have more options for a transfer if you're able to complete and pass your first year (universities with higher entry requirements will often accept your first year for entry into their first year, universities with similar requirement will be open to applications for starting in their second year).

- It sounds like London hasn't been a good choice for you for a number of reasons.
Yah dude I already go to the one of the elite Russell Group universities but with that being said I can't get a transfer to a similarly ranked (Warwick, Durham) for even more chill RG uni (York, Sheffield).

I grew up in London (East London aka the ghetto) and thought it would be awesome to be there for uni and live in the central London halls (boy was I wrong).
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
London can be a very lonely place
Are there any student mentors you can talk to or counsellors through the uni
Try things like mindfulness to help you get a balance
Good luck
slowdownhavefun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
maybe you'd like to meet up with someone to discuss or just explore and eat together? maybe we can meet up? i'm also a 20 yr old male student from London
Last edited by slowdownhavefun; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (348)
60.1%
Yes- I don't like it (31)
5.35%