Can sperm swim through underwear?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi!
Sorry, I just really have a question that’s been bothering me. I’ve been worried for a week now. My boyfriend and I fooled around 2 weeks ago. I was giving him oral until he ejaculated in my mouth. I continued to give him oral after that. He then rubs me on top of my underwear. I know it won’t be possible for his sperm to swim through my underwear and we don’t remember him touching some of him ***... I took 2 pregnancy tests. One 3 days ago and another yesterday and both came negative. In addition, I just started feeling my breasts hurt 6 days ago.. I’m in my day 40 of my cycle. I’ve read online that stress can delay your period. This month I was so stressed out because it was my best friend’s wedding and the planning was really stressful. I’ve also been really stressed out thinking about the possibility of pregnancy. Is there any chance that sperm can swim through my underwear and this could lead to pregnancy?
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi!
Sorry, I just really have a question that’s been bothering me. I’ve been worried for a week now. My boyfriend and I fooled around 2 weeks ago. I was giving him oral until he ejaculated in my mouth. I continued to give him oral after that. He then rubs me on top of my underwear. I know it won’t be possible for his sperm to swim through my underwear and we don’t remember him touching some of him ***... I took 2 pregnancy tests. One 3 days ago and another yesterday and both came negative. In addition, I just started feeling my breasts hurt 6 days ago.. I’m in my day 40 of my cycle. I’ve read online that stress can delay your period. This month I was so stressed out because it was my best friend’s wedding and the planning was really stressful. I’ve also been really stressed out thinking about the possibility of pregnancy. Is there any chance that sperm can swim through my underwear and this could lead to pregnancy?
I don’t think that’s possible. A negative pregnancy test is almost certain and given that you’ve taken two, it’s safe to say you’re not pregnant. Stress can delay your period along with other factors. If you’re usually regular and it doesn’t arrive in a week and the pregnancy test is still negative then I’d say book an appointment with your GP. Are you on any contraception?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cherryred90s)
I don’t think that’s possible. A negative pregnancy test is almost certain and given that you’ve taken two, it’s safe to say you’re not pregnant. Stress can delay your period along with other factors. If you’re usually regular and it doesn’t arrive in a week and the pregnancy test is still negative then I’d say book an appointment with your GP. Are you on any contraception?
I’m not on any contraception. We didn’t have sex, I just gave him oral and what I’m worried about is he could have gotten ejaculation on his hand when he rubbed me on top of my underwear. My past few cycles only lasted 26-30 days and now I’m on my 40th day. But then again, I’ve been stressing out too much. Also I’ve been feeling gassy and bloated since yesterday.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m not on any contraception. We didn’t have sex, I just gave him oral and what I’m worried about is he could have gotten ejaculation on his hand when he rubbed me on top of my underwear. My past few cycles only lasted 26-30 days and now I’m on my 40th day. But then again, I’ve been stressing out too much. Also I’ve been feeling gassy and bloated since yesterday.
When was the last time you took a pregnancy test, most are only effective a couple of days after the first day of your missed period.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
When was the last time you took a pregnancy test, most are only effective a couple of days after the first day of your missed period.
The last time I took it was yesterday (39th day of my cycle)
Anonymous #1
It’s been 16 days since I gave him oral and he rubbed me.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The last time I took it was yesterday (39th day of my cycle)
Okay you most lightly aren't then as it would of shown up by now. If your worried you could call your doctor but they say shop bought tests are quite reliable now, but they might be able to do a blood test or something
Anonymous #1
Okay you most lightly aren't then as it would of shown up by now. If your worried you could call your doctor but they say shop bought tests are quite reliable now, but they might be able to do a blood test or something
How many days should women usually wait before they get a urine pregnancy test?
Anonymous #1
Hi!
Does anyone here have had a similar experience of having lengthy periods due to stress?
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It’s near impossible that you’re pregnant from that encounter.
If you’re worried about it not showing up, you should see your doctor
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Does anyone here have had a similar experience of having lengthy periods due to stress?
I’m usually regular and I’ve had a couple of late periods before.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Theoretically it's like a tiny bit possible for them to make the swim through pants. But realistically it's not something to be concerned about happening.
Sounds like you've done about all you can to rule out pregnancy anyway with two negative tests.

Stress and all sorts of other stuff can alter your cycle, make your boobs sore etc. I would just wait a while and if it's multiple weeks after your time and you're normally pretty regular then you might want to consider taking another test and seeing GP or something.

I very much doubt it will come to that though given what you've said.
Allyson90
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Its usual about 10 days after a missed period that a urine test is required for a pregnancy test at GP.
Last edited by Allyson90; 9 months ago
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Actually just chill u ain’t pregnant
FAZE Phluid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
No

the answer is no
sperm don't swim through underwear, you are not pregnant
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
No
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi!
I don't think that you're pregnant as the tests were negative.

That is what I found about your question:
"Sperm can't swim through clothes and continue traveling into the vagina."
"Sperm can only swim in liquids--like semen and vaginal fluid."

I found it here:
https://www.positive.org/Home/faq/pregnancy.html
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I once had a period about a month late from stress! I really wouldn’t worry, especially as what you did is highly unlikely to result in pregnancy and you’ve already taken two tests. One thing you might want to do is get STI tested and look at getting on some contraception, as on contraception you never ever have to worry about this sort of thing anymore x
username5027880
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
I’m usually regular and I’ve had a couple of late periods before.
Likewise so have I.
Anonymous #1
It’s just we’re scared that he touched himself after he ejaculated and got some on his hands then rubbed me on top of my underwear and I was wet that time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (654)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (824)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.54%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.47%

Watched Threads