Care assistant interview this afternoon but too nervous to go Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have an interview this afternoon for a care assistant working with mentally ill people and to be straight up I don't want it but I really need a job and it's the only interview I have been offered and I don't need experience for it but I took the interview because I need a job but now that the day is here I can feel myself backing out and I probably will not go but I desperately need a job but I'm just too shy and quiet and awkward and I feel as though I would be bad at it and the thought of wiping someone else's arse makes me feel sick and I don't think I'd cope if one of the clients went off at me which I know they can't help and I think the only benefit is that it's not direct with the public I know I'd still have to deal with them because their relatives are here but my mum is telling me to go because I need to get a job any advice please?
melinae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can you not go and just treat it as "Interview experience"? You can decide later on if you really want the job or not after you've been shown around and what your role would be has been explained to you a little better, if you are offered the job. You never know, you might actually like the idea better once you've been and seen the place for yourself and the people that you'll be working with. If you weren't ever interested in the role though why did you apply in the first place?
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're honestly making it sound like you're not suitable for the role.

My mum is in residential care for stroke related damage, and if i saw one of the assistants acting like you describe i'd likely make an issue of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads