Smithster1977
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Did my I nterview at GSA yesterday for architecture. I don’t know how it went - I definitely messed 2 questions up. I took 17 pieces of work and they only looked at 3 🥺 Anyone know how important the interview actually is?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Smithster1977)
Did my I nterview at GSA yesterday for architecture. I don’t know how it went - I definitely messed 2 questions up. I took 17 pieces of work and they only looked at 3 🥺 Anyone know how important the interview actually is?
Try not to worry too much. It’s impossible to know how an interview went from your side of the table.

Quite often interviewers only need to see a couple of pieces of work to get a good understanding of how you work and your creative process.
Smithster1977
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Try not to worry too much. It’s impossible to know how an interview went from your side of the table.

Quite often interviewers only need to see a couple of pieces of work to get a good understanding of how you work and your creative process.
Thank you! I have now heard from someone else that the interviewers were the same with them.......feeling slightly better and as you say, I will just need to wait and see 🙈🤞🤞
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Smithster1977)
Thank you! I have now heard from someone else that the interviewers were the same with them.......feeling slightly better and as you say, I will just need to wait and see 🙈🤞🤞
Interviewers will have seen hundreds of portfolios. They become very skilled at spotting one or two pieces that stand out to them to focus on. They get much more from talking to you for 5 minutes about 2 or 3 pieces than from spending 30 seconds on 15 different pieces.
It can feel like they’re rushing through but they’re just focusing their attention.
Smithster1977
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Interviewers will have seen hundreds of portfolios. They become very skilled at spotting one or two pieces that stand out to them to focus on. They get much more from talking to you for 5 minutes about 2 or 3 pieces than from spending 30 seconds on 15 different pieces.
It can feel like they’re rushing through but they’re just focusing their attention.
Thank you! Makes sense when you think about it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads