Nando's apologises for racist painting depicting black people in a toaster Watch

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You forget the point is to show the UK as being racist along the lines of 75% of angery penguins threads.
Except its paonted by a Black S African and happens tro be an anti racist painting, but truth never stopped angery penguin.
I didn't forget anything, I just focus on the topic, not the user posting it.
nathansdad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
if i was black then I would have darker skin
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
More fool you, then.
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  0.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  25.3 KB
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You mean Penguin or the customer?

So the painting was by a black man, originates from South Africa.

"South Africans are used to having open talks around race and racism, this translates into our artwork. We are used to seeing protest work," she said.

"This piece does not mean that black people should be toasted, instead it can be interpreted as black people have been toasted by racism and oppression."

So Penguin fails because:
1. Its from S Africa. So doesnt fit with everyone else but the Chinese are racist, especially the whiteys in Western Europe and all the hated neighbours of China including Japan, Korea etc and the nasty people in Hong Kong.
2. Painted by a black artist.
3. Is an anti racist picture.
4. Customer is a whiny idiot.
[The picture was] completely insensitive to one of the worst periods of human history. The famous toaster wars.
Both in this case btu apropos your comment, couldnt have put it better myself!
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is a bit of an odd painting I must say! If I saw this without context I'd think it was about skin colour being 'burnt', like burnt toast is black. It does seem racist to imply people's skin is burnt.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
He has every right to be mad. You may not see it from his perspective because it isn’t personal to you.
But his perspective could be wrong, no? I am very much against racism, but, I think, his perspective was wrong. The painting, made by a black SA artist is clearly not intended to be racist, but those living in the west wrongly interpreted it as such.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 week ago
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So what exactly is it trying to show? What message is it giving out? It doesn't make any sense to me.
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
But his perspective could be wrong, no? I am very much against racism, but, I think, his perspective was wrong. The painting, made by a black SA artist is clearly not intended to be racist, but those living in the west wrongly interpreted it as such.
Have they? It's just a very small minority who have interpreted it as such.
You can interpret anything to be racist, doesn't make it so. The fact that the actual (black) artist who created it says it's not meant to be racist means the whole uproar is completely stupid.
Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 1 week ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i don't find it offensive.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
With the majority of these people its all about who is posting the thread and not its subject matter...its like "This thread says that the sky is blue. OK, so who posted it...? Oh, its so and so. I don't like so and so...*proceeds to write reply* NO, its not blue!!!! what is wrong with you!?! what course do you study at uni? have they not taught you that the sky is in fact purple??!!"
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (485)
59.44%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.27%
No- I want it (233)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (55)
6.74%

Watched Threads