Leaving Uni in term 2 of first year Watch

Simon Yau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
If I leave current Uni in term 2 of first year, what happens about my student loan? I want to start same/ similar course in another uni for start of September 2021. Will my student loan be transferred to that Uni? Do I need to apply again? Who do I contact for help on this topic?
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Simon Yau)
If I leave current Uni in term 2 of first year, what happens about my student loan? I want to start same/ similar course in another uni for start of September 2021. Will my student loan be transferred to that Uni? Do I need to apply again? Who do I contact for help on this topic?
You wasted 1 year. In total you have 4 years if it's a 3 year course, length of the course+1 year-years. So they will fund your degree for all the years that you will study. You need to apply again through UCAS to other universities and inform student finance about it.

Make another thread and ask ASK ENGLAND STUDENT FINANCE someone who works there will most probably answer your question tomorrow.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Simon Yau)
You have to apply for funding for each year anyway. If you don’t conplete the year and withdraw then SFE will contact you explaining how much of your second instalment is classed as “overpaid” and how to arrange to repay that amount asap (they are reasonable IF you talk to them). The rest of your loan and tuition fees won’t have to be repaid until you’re earning.

As a withdrawn student you have to apply again as a new student for funding for next year (if you completed the year then switched universities you would be classed as continuing by SFE).
Simon Yau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi both. Thanks for your info, much appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads