Leaving College to Start Apprenticeship? Watch

wvlf_802
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im 16 and Started a Music course at my college. i dont want to carry on with it.I have been accepted and offered a place at an aprenticeship which starts march 1st. So how to i go about leaving college? can i just walk out and not return or do i have to go through a system?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by wvlf_802)
Im 16 and Started a Music course at my college. i dont want to carry on with it.I have been accepted and offered a place at an aprenticeship which starts march 1st. So how to i go about leaving college? can i just walk out and not return or do i have to go through a system?
Hi there,

Hoping I can offer some help with your question.

You will need to let your college know that you are leaving so that they can remove you from the course and their student numbers. You might want to arrange to speak with your tutor or headteacher about this or send an email to your tutor explaining your circumstances.

It's great that you have secured an apprenticeship to move onto and I wish you all the best with it, but it is best to let the college know that you won't be going back so that you can enrol on different course for your apprenticeship.

Good luck with everything - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads