Anxiety medication Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi so I was put on propranolol to take one when needed, I have taken 14/28 in the pack for 4 weeks now meaning I’ve had one roughly every other day. I didn’t think that I was getting this bothered by my anxiety and think I have played down all of my symptoms to my doctor, parents etc not thinking I fely so bad so regularly (claimed it was maybe 3 times a week) but he told me they were temporary and that if I still need them then I should go back for a more regular prescription. Does this count as often enough? How do I bring this up again without always upsetting my parents? It makes me anxious just thinking about talking about it all to be honest, what should I do? Is this serious enough to raise the issue again ?
kiyuni
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you need more medication then ask for it! No point in having medication that you can’t use. Maybe you could be vague with your parents, telling them it isn’t helping as much as you thought and you’d like to go back? Even though it’s overwhelming to tell your parents, it’ll benefit you in the long run
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kiyuni)
If you need more medication then ask for it! No point in having medication that you can’t use. Maybe you could be vague with your parents, telling them it isn’t helping as much as you thought and you’d like to go back? Even though it’s overwhelming to tell your parents, it’ll benefit you in the long run
Ye you are right, I just deel like I’m always adding on to the list of problems, I don’t want people to think I am being dramatic because I don’t tend to show others how I truly feel🤷🏻*♀️ But you are right thank you
kiyuni
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know and I completely understand. I deal with it too, I promise that it’ll only be a short problem you have to deal with. In a month nobody will even remember it, and you’re not adding onto a list of problems, your parents/doctors etc are people who want to help you. It’s not dramatic either, anxiety is a very difficult thing to deal with. I hope you get your medication <3 you can do it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by kiyuni)
I know and I completely understand. I deal with it too, I promise that it’ll only be a short problem you have to deal with. In a month nobody will even remember it, and you’re not adding onto a list of problems, your parents/doctors etc are people who want to help you. It’s not dramatic either, anxiety is a very difficult thing to deal with. I hope you get your medication <3 you can do it
Oh bless, that’s so lovely ! Thank u I do really appreciate it. I hope that you are okay too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (470)
59.19%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.42%
No- I want it (228)
28.72%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.68%

Watched Threads