King’s College vs University of Bristol vs Durham Watch

Stef1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! So I have received offers from these uni’s to study a postgraduate degree in Comparative Literature (or similar) and as I am not from the UK I was wondering what the big differences are between these uni’s and where should I go?
nicole3315nicole
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can get you started with location. KCL is of course in London. If you love a big city, KCL is the one. London is a much larger city than both Bristol and Durham, so yes will have more to do, but remember accommodation and cost of living will be much more expensive in London. Next is Bristol- has some green spaces, and a harbourside area. Bristol is still suprisingly expensive though (according to a med student I met there who lived in London before that!). I’ve never been to Durham, but I’ve been to Newcastle which is nearby. The North East is different to the south- supposedly has the people friendliest in the UK, and also much cheaper. Also Durham as a uni is quite traditional. Personally, I plan on firming Newcastle, so it would be fair to say I like it, even after only two days visiting!

This is really only brushing the surface, but will hopefully get you started. You are likely best doing lots of research into each city and course, and then asking more specific questions on here that arise from your research.

(Also, any opinions are my own- not to be mistaken for facts!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads