flatmates making moving out difficult Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so i live in a flatshare, and am moving home for health reasons. as soon as i told my flatmates (also students my age i have mutual friends with), they got extremely aggressive and have been sending horrible messages since. i know two other girls have moved out of a flatshare with them as they didn't get on, and i moved in replacing one. the flatmate who lived there then got extremely carried away with avenging the girl moving out, purposefully blocking and not considering any replacements she found so she would pay more money on the rent. i can't make any decisions on deferring my year at uni until someone moves in because i cannot pay the rent without student finance, of which the final installment will come in april (i only have money for this month and next iwthout the next installment). i'm really worried about what to do because i signed a contract that i must pay rent until i find a replacement and the current flatmates must agree with whoever it is to move in.
it's causing me so much anxiety i can't sleep, eat or go to uni, making my health so much worse. has anyone ever gotten out of a similar situation?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is your landlord your university or a private landlord?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i live in a flatshare, and am moving home for health reasons. as soon as i told my flatmates (also students my age i have mutual friends with), they got extremely aggressive and have been sending horrible messages since. i know two other girls have moved out of a flatshare with them as they didn't get on, and i moved in replacing one. the flatmate who lived there then got extremely carried away with avenging the girl moving out, purposefully blocking and not considering any replacements she found so she would pay more money on the rent. i can't make any decisions on deferring my year at uni until someone moves in because i cannot pay the rent without student finance, of which the final installment will come in april (i only have money for this month and next iwthout the next installment). i'm really worried about what to do because i signed a contract that i must pay rent until i find a replacement and the current flatmates must agree with whoever it is to move in.
it's causing me so much anxiety i can't sleep, eat or go to uni, making my health so much worse. has anyone ever gotten out of a similar situation?
Give an example of messages.
Have they said anywhere they wont co operate with a new flatmate moving in?
On a practical level I think you would find it extremely hard to find anyone to take the flat at this stage. If you can get it so that they refuse to consider anyone else, then talk to Shelter and it might give you grounds to leave if they refuse people.
https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help

Go and see your GP plus get a doctors note about the effect as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (347)
60.35%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.22%