Just had a nervous breakdown, at wits end, need advice? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Today was the last straw. I have social anxiety at uni which means I’ve made zero friends here and I don’t have a girlfriend. When I’m not at uni I spend all my time alone in my room. I’ve been depressed a lot lately because of having no friends and seeing people with their friends and even worse couples makes me sad. I’ve walked home sad a lot of the time but today was much worse. I was walking through campus and I was sad and every girl that walked past me gave me a dirty look or looked at me like I was crazy. This made me feel like no girl gives a **** about me. I’m so so so lonely here and those dirty looks from girls then seeing couples holding hands makes me think why do girls hate me? I’m sad I’m not angry. I’ve been sad before on campus but today I literally was walking through campus scared I was going to burst into tears in front of everybody, thankfully I didn’t but it took a lot to fight back those tears. Walking home I was trying really hard not to cry and by the time I got home I just went into my room and absolutely lost it I was crying so much and so hard. I just feel sad all the time and get no sympathy of girls which makes me think they couldn’t care less if I’m sad or not. Something needs to change and I just need someone to convince me that I’m looking at this the wrong way and that girls do care but all this feeling girls don’t care about me and being sad since I came back in January finally imploded today, that was the last straw. I need to beat this damn social anxiety that is ruining my life and I need to push myself to make friends and get a girlfriend. I also need to get this idea that all girls hate my guts and don’t give a **** about me and are obsessed with every other guy but me. Please please what can I do I’m seriously and a really really difficult time now I’ve just broken down I don’t know what to do please can I have some good advice?
FAZE Phluid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
not to sound harsh or anything

but have you tried making friends...
try getting with people that you can make happy, and that will make you happy.
try looking and acting happy, try being happy
join a society for something you are interested in. or make some friends online.

to be honest, girls probably don't care, why would they care about someone they don't know?
get to know people, care about others, they will care about you.
put on game face and talk to people.
you don't have to be bursting with charisma, just hold a conversation. talk about class.. or something

and if that fails, it sounds like you havn't got anything to lose in trying. so keep trying
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Today was the last straw. I have social anxiety at uni which means I’ve made zero friends here and I don’t have a girlfriend. When I’m not at uni I spend all my time alone in my room. I’ve been depressed a lot lately because of having no friends and seeing people with their friends and even worse couples makes me sad. I’ve walked home sad a lot of the time but today was much worse. I was walking through campus and I was sad and every girl that walked past me gave me a dirty look or looked at me like I was crazy. This made me feel like no girl gives a **** about me. I’m so so so lonely here and those dirty looks from girls then seeing couples holding hands makes me think why do girls hate me? I’m sad I’m not angry. I’ve been sad before on campus but today I literally was walking through campus scared I was going to burst into tears in front of everybody, thankfully I didn’t but it took a lot to fight back those tears. Walking home I was trying really hard not to cry and by the time I got home I just went into my room and absolutely lost it I was crying so much and so hard. I just feel sad all the time and get no sympathy of girls which makes me think they couldn’t care less if I’m sad or not. Something needs to change and I just need someone to convince me that I’m looking at this the wrong way and that girls do care but all this feeling girls don’t care about me and being sad since I came back in January finally imploded today, that was the last straw. I need to beat this damn social anxiety that is ruining my life and I need to push myself to make friends and get a girlfriend. I also need to get this idea that all girls hate my guts and don’t give a **** about me and are obsessed with every other guy but me. Please please what can I do I’m seriously and a really really difficult time now I’ve just broken down I don’t know what to do please can I have some good advice?
So your not in a good head space right now, and I dont know the best advice on how to handle this so I will recommend going and seeing if your SU has a counselling service or any support.

Perhaps joining a society or speaking to some people on your course could help with getting a few new friends, I dont know how to help with the social anxiety and this may hinder your confidence in getting going, but perhaps if you are able to join a society and speak to a few more people it will improve everything else.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by FAZE Phluid)
not to sound harsh or anything

but have you tried making friends...
try getting with people that you can make happy, and that will make you happy.
try looking and acting happy, try being happy
join a society for something you are interested in. or make some friends online.

to be honest, girls probably don't care, why would they care about someone they don't know?
get to know people, care about others, they will care about you.
put on game face and talk to people.
you don't have to be bursting with charisma, just hold a conversation. talk about class.. or something

and if that fails, it sounds like you havn't got anything to lose in trying. so keep trying
Like the main reason I had that nervous breakdown was the belief that girls do not care or should I rephrase that are not bothered by the fact that I am sad, I don’t think they feel bad for me. That can’t be true right? It doesn’t matter if you know them or not I’d like to think if a girl seen a guy on the verge of tears she’d feel bad for him? How can anybody see someone look like they’re about to cry and not even feel the slightest bit bad for them? That is what has destroyed me the belief girls don’t feel bad for me
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like the main reason I had that nervous breakdown was the belief that girls do not care or should I rephrase that are not bothered by the fact that I am sad, I don’t think they feel bad for me. That can’t be true right? It doesn’t matter if you know them or not I’d like to think if a girl seen a guy on the verge of tears she’d feel bad for him? How can anybody see someone look like they’re about to cry and not even feel the slightest bit bad for them? That is what has destroyed me the belief girls don’t feel bad for me
I don't think it's that those girls don't care in a harsh way, it's more that they feel indifferent towards you. They have no reason to be curious about how you feel or why, so they just don't. It's not malicious.

Why does it make a difference if people you don't know feel bad for you? Pity isn't usually something people encourage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (348)
60.1%
Yes- I don't like it (31)
5.35%