Gurdeepthelegend
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I got an offer from Plymouth for BBC (if I put them as my firm choice) to study optometry but I want to go to Cardiff, but they’re offering ABB.

I’m predicting ABB but I don’t know if I’ll get that.

So, if I put Plymouth down as my firm and I end up getting ABB in my actual a levels could I decline Plymouth and try to get into Cardiff?
eclipseboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gurdeepthelegend)
I got an offer from Plymouth for BBC (if I put them as my firm choice) to study optometry but I want to go to Cardiff, but they’re offering ABB.

I’m predicting ABB but I don’t know if I’ll get that.

So, if I put Plymouth down as my firm and I end up getting ABB in my actual a levels could I decline Plymouth and try to get into Cardiff?
You could try, but it would make far more sense to firm Cardiff and insure Plymouth. That's the point of the firm/insurance system.
Gurdeepthelegend
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by eclipseboi)
You could try, but it would make far more sense to firm Cardiff and insure Plymouth. That's the point of the firm/insurance system.
But they offered me BBC subject to me putting them as my firm. If I put them as insurance, then the grade changes to AAB
eclipseboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gurdeepthelegend)
But they offered me BBC subject to me putting them as my firm. If I put them as insurance, then the grade changes to AAB
My mistake, I should have read your post properly. Apologies!
Dancer2001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thing is, if you firm Plymouth you might not be able to get a place at Cardiff because the course might be full.
It would be the safer option though, because Plymouth might not accept you with lower grades if you don’t firm them.

If you really want Cardiff, I would firm them, there is just a slight chance you won’t get a place at either if you don’t get the grades. This is unlikely though, because Plymouth would probably accept you without ABB anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads