Help me resolve this debate! Watch

Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It looks blue to me Me and my Mum have a similar argument about my rooms carpet - I say its red she says its brown :lol:
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's blue
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So... we've confirmed that he's definitely not colourblind. :lol:
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Blue.
dontbethatway
Badges: 10
Report 5 days ago
yep that's most definitely blue...
kiyuni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
blue
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
So... this is a little bit petty

But hear me out! Me and my partner were cooking earlier when he asked me to pass him the green chopping board...

I was confused as we didn't own any green ones, the only one I can think of, I passed him and it was most clearly blue.

Now this debate has somehow gone on all day... :rofl:
It's one of the most pointless debates, but he's convinced he's won and I need to show him that he needs to put his glasses back on.

Is this board green or blue?
Spoiler:
Show
blue
Alesha1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Definitely blue- a fairly bright shade as well, not even anywhere close to green.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Probably a long shot, but does your boyfriend speak a different language at all (or was he brought up by people whose first language wasn't English)? There are some languages in which there is no differentiation between certain shades of blue and green, and people who speak those languages struggle to see a difference between them.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
Probably a long shot, but does your boyfriend speak a different language at all (or was he brought up by people whose first language wasn't English)? There are some languages in which there is no differentiation between certain shades of blue and green, and people who speak those languages struggle to see a difference between them.
Huh, Interesting. I had no idea!
He only speaks English though

I think he's accepted defeat after I showed him this thread haha.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Listen. He is a man who cooks or at least helps out with chopping. My husband cannot cook, cannot drive, cannot do diy. He is fairly useless in most departments apart from two. .....hang onto him
Now that's got everyone thinking...
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Now that's got everyone thinking...
I was wondering the same thing... :rofl:
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
green
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by J Papi)
green
You big fibber.

Hope you're ok
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You big fibber.

Hope you're ok
nice to have you back RC

i swear that this is all true 100% no lie
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
(Original post by J Papi)
green
Why do I feel like you're screwing with me... :lol:
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
1 in 8 men are colour blind (including me). That is seemingly blue to me. Try it in a different light though, take it outside maybe, that can affect things (certainly does for me).
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
1 in 8 men are colour blind (including me). That is seemingly blue to me. Try it in a different light though, take it outside maybe, that can affect things (certainly does for me).
That chopping board is the most blue chopping board I’ve ever seen in my life. Even if you took it to a green planet, shone green light on it, painted it green and wore green filtered glasses it would still look blue.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
That chopping board is the most blue chopping board I’ve ever seen in my life. Even if you took it to a green planet, shone green light on it, painted it green and wore green filtered glasses it would still look blue.
The point was maybe if he saw it in a clearer light he'd recognise the colour more, not that it would suddenly become green
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
In all fairness I can see how someone might say it was turquoise or something, but even that I think is more blue than green. He's still set on it being green regardless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (233)
67.15%
No (114)
32.85%

Watched Threads