Worst comments you have had about your fashion sense? Watch

FemaleinDress
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Let's laugh at ourselves

I have been told I look like one of the village people.
lazerbeem
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which village person?
Is it the cowboy?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't say there is a single worse comment. I get a lot of comments on my style.

Androgynous fashion, body mods, crazy colour hair, and love of darker/gothic styles = homo/transphobic slurs, horror/vampire comments, and general "what the ****" and "for ****s sake" remarks are normal.

In contrast, I get a lot of positive comments too and have been approached by street fashion photographers and asked about modelling.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 1 week ago
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Stylish, because I’m not stylish at all and it was all sarcasm 😂
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tbh I never really have any bad comments. To my face anyway. Which is surprising as I put in 0 effort much of the time.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"take your hat off"

"pull up your trousers!"

The second comment is quite odd. I don't wear my jeans low but they are a little baggy, .. I don't know if that is giving the illusion that they are low. both trouser comments occured around fri/saturday night, ...and both were said by females and at least one of the girls was trying to move to me [she also called me sexy] , ....yet i do not see the logic in insulting someone's dress sense you are trying to move to? ...this sounds a bit like "negging" [an old PUA tactic from back in the day which wasn't very effective].

other comments i've had was when i was growing out my hair. can't specifically remember them, but i do remember a barber seeing me from within his shop, coming outside with his scissors and start making snipping movements to try and entice me in to get a hair cut.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"Does you mother feel comfortable with the way you dress?" :rolleyes:
"Only sluts wash half naked". :lol:
"Satan told you to wear trousers". :evilbanana:
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
"take your hat off"

"pull up your trousers!"

The second comment is quite odd. I don't wear my jeans low but they are a little baggy, .. I don't know if that is giving the illusion that they are low. both trouser comments occured around fri/saturday night, ...and both were said by females and at least one of the girls was trying to move to me [she also called me sexy] , ....yet i do not see the logic in insulting someone's dress sense you are trying to move to? ...this sounds a bit like "negging" [an old PUA tactic from back in the day which wasn't very effective].

other comments i've had was when i was growing out my hair. can't specifically remember them, but i do remember a barber seeing me from within his shop, coming outside with his scissors and start making snipping movements to try and entice me in to get a hair cut.
You weren't wearing a top hat or fedora were you?
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
You weren't wearing a top hat or fedora were you?

..lol
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nobody is brave enough
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No-one has ever said anything disparaging until today when my Dad inferred I dress in dull colours. Which isn't so much a comment as a statement of fact, as I do wear a lot of grey and black.
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I dress like I want to get jumped
I dress like a tramp
I dress like I don’t care about myself
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
About a decade ago i wore shirts with skinny ties out and about (though not usually plain shirts) and my friends would joke that i looked like a salesman and a few asked why i looked so smart all the time.

Back when i wore the aforementioned and also stripy jumpers over shirts i would get random women approaching me to tell me how trendy/nice i looked so i can't say i thought anything bad of it.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have opted out of following fashion (not sure if I ever opted in), and so occasionally have had comments. Now I just remind people that fast fashion is the second largest cause of climate change.
Scrimbim
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I dress like Alex Jones because I want to be exactly like him.
Alesha1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm often wearing short skirts with bare legs & boots so I've had sexual/ suggestive comments & people making assumptions about me based on this. Also I have a lot of different outfits & I've had comments that some of the things I wear look expensive so sometimes people get the idea that I must spend a massive amount on clothes when I really don't. I'm just good at finding the best deals/ bargains Most of the comments I've had about my style are positive though.

(Original post by sinfonietta)
I wouldn't say there is a single worse comment. I get a lot of comments on my style.

Androgynous fashion, body mods, crazy colour hair, and love of darker/gothic styles = homo/transphobic slurs, horror/vampire comments, and general "what the ****" and "for ****s sake" remarks are normal.

In contrast, I get a lot of positive comments too and have been approached by street fashion photographers and asked about modelling.
Your style sounds amazing.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Cant say that I have had any adverse comments to date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed