logboi13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am a sixth form student who will be going to university this September. I was wondering whose financial details will I have to send in to student finance to be assessed ? My reason why is that I will be moving out of my parents home and into my grandmother's a month before my university course would start. I am not estranged from my parents or anything, it is just that I will save money on accommodation and things by living with my grandmother and being classed as "living at home" while studying.
Should I put my grandmothers for maximum support ?
Last edited by logboi13; 1 week ago
Mustafa0605
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s still classed as living away from home
logboi13
Rep:
?
So will I be able to get the full amount or ...👀
Chrissyl88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think to not include your parents finances , you have to be fully estranged from them ? I’d contact them tbh .
logboi13
Rep:
?
Im not estranged from them at all.
I'll contact student finance or smth
Thanks 👌
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by logboi13)
Hi, I am a sixth form student who will be going to university this September. I was wondering whose financial details will I have to send in to student finance to be assessed ? My reason why is that I will be moving out of my parents home and into my grandmother's a month before my university course would start. I am not estranged from my parents or anything, it is just that I will save money on accommodation and things by living with my grandmother and being classed as "living at home" while studying.
Should I put my grandmothers for maximum support ?
Hello

You will put your parents details in, it wouldn't be possible to put your grandparents details in even if you are living with them before starting university.

If you are living with your grandparents it will be classed as "living elsewhere" which will entitle you to slightly more funding but as I've mentioned it will still be your parents information if you are not estranged from themselves.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
logboi13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thank you 👌👌👌👌👌👌

(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello

You will put your parents details in, it wouldn't be possible to put your grandparents details in even if you are living with them before starting university.

If you are living with your grandparents it will be classed as "living elsewhere" which will entitle you to slightly more funding but as I've mentioned it will still be your parents information if you are not estranged from themselves.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by logboi13)
Thank you 👌👌👌👌👌👌
You are welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads