Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, I’m currently a year 12 student and am interested in medicine. I plan to put keele as one of my options
I have achieved 2 5s, 3 6s, 4 7s and 2 8s at GCSE level and am currently predicted a B,B,B in my A levels though I know I can raise these.
I have applied for volunteering and work experience and indulge in school activities and roles that may enhance my personal statement. I am yet to do my UCAT.

Will this make me a strong candidate for medicine at keele?
JohnnyHK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I’m currently a year 12 student and am interested in medicine. I plan to put keele as one of my options
I have achieved 2 5s, 3 6s, 4 7s and 2 8s at GCSE level and am currently predicted a B,B,B in my A levels though I know I can raise these.
I have applied for volunteering and work experience and indulge in school activities and roles that may enhance my personal statement. I am yet to do my UCAT.

I do think you need to up your BBB as predicted. You’ll need prob AAA or maybe A*AA then it’s time to look at UCAT which you’ll probably need to score 2600+. In the meantime just read everything you can about the NHS and ethics. Swing by the uni website or even email the admissions team. All the best.
13thomasal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

hiya so basically I applied to Keele this year and got an interview (still waiting to hear back from them) your gcses seem fine as Keele want 5 A`s at gcse at least. This is what it states on their website for 2020 entry. GCSE: a minimum of 5 x A /7 with a minimum of B /6 in maths, english language and sciences. You may need higher predictions if your looking at applying to other medical schools unless your a widening participation student. If not don`t worry about Keele because when i went on the open day they specifically said THEY DO NOT LOOK AT PREDICTED A LEVEL GRADES because its not reliable and they said apply to Keele if your sure that you`ll get AAA at the end of year 13. In terms of ucat Keele are not really ucat heavy at all as on their website their ucat cut off this year was 2280 (570 average) so you dont need 2600+ at all. They didnt rank based on ucat and as long as you get over the cut off they will consider you equally as the other applicants regardless of highers scorers. However UCAT score is used to differentiate between borderline cases and comparing which candidates to give offers to. My advice would be to get a wide range of work experience and reflect on them really well in your roles and responsibility form which they will send you after you have applied THIS FORM IS BASICALLY WHAT GETS YOU AN INTERVIEW AFTER YOU MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. so hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (409)
67.94%
No (193)
32.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed