springpastell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Guys, I have a question to Philosophy/Philosophy and Politics students. I would really love to study these subjects but I have no idea what careers would I be able to pursue later. Currently, it seems like I am going to Lancaster and I am kind of worried about the job aspect of it as I have a weird desire to be able to have some competitive job in the future and I am seriously thinking about declining my offer now and applying for law next year. So what are your plans after you guys graduate?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You can do law afterwards, I've wrote two references this week for phil graduates going onto the GDL
kiyuni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
don’t decline! aren’t you able to switch courses? email your university about it (: i’ve applied for law and philosophy, purely because i enjoy philosophy and want to study it further. law is for the career aspect. good luck.
springpastell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by kiyuni)
don’t decline! aren’t you able to switch courses? email your university about it (: i’ve applied for law and philosophy, purely because i enjoy philosophy and want to study it further. law is for the career aspect. good luck.
Can I ask where did you apply? It really sounds amazing and thanks.
kiyuni
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i’ve applied for Glasgow university (: you don’t have to wait a year! there’s always changing courses/transferring universities (if that’s possible?)
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by kiyuni)
i’ve applied for Glasgow university (: you don’t have to wait a year! there’s always changing courses/transferring universities (if that’s possible?)
Glasgow has a great phil dept, good choice.
kiyuni
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
really? that’s so reassuring. i hope i get an offer, philosophy is such a great subject
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by springpastell)
Guys, I have a question to Philosophy/Philosophy and Politics students. I would really love to study these subjects but I have no idea what careers would I be able to pursue later. Currently, it seems like I am going to Lancaster and I am kind of worried about the job aspect of it as I have a weird desire to be able to have some competitive job in the future and I am seriously thinking about declining my offer now and applying for law next year. So what are your plans after you guys graduate?
Hello,
As someone else said, you can do law afterwards (it's common for people to convert to law after studying a non-law degree). You'll also be studying a respectable degree from a great university so it should open lots of doors! There will be lots of career opportunities that will help you to get experience in fields you're interesting in when you get here - so make sure you make the most of them! You'll also have some time to maybe switch courses slightly when you get here too, including possibly taking a minor subject.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (225)
67.57%
No (108)
32.43%

Watched Threads