ellaswords
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Gamingexpertnot)
Dont get on ellas wrong side lol
i’m not starting no arguments, not today 😊
was just confused because they contradicted themselves. was the message meant to don’t bother? or was it meant to be do something? idkkkk
Davy611
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We use this sometimes in the mornings at school:

https://formtimeideas.com/literacy

We also read and discuss a short text once a week. The students have a ten question quiz to complete in their own time. Some of the questions relate to word meaning and etymology. Challenge your friends.
999QR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellaswords)
how would you recommend doing that? 😊
learn a new word from Google or something. and look up its meaning, because knowing the meaning of something makes it easier to remember.
ShahedAli-02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellaswords)
I was wondering how i’d go about the above? i know reading is often recommended, but i read a lot, and it doesn’t seem to help me a lot. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 😊
I’d say read articles and listen to podcasts too, sometimes you’ll hear really good words.
Another thing might be the Manchester Phrase Bank which makes the words you use better, gives alternatives, as I’m doing EPQ and it will be very useful for myself.
Another alternative is having Grammarly as it gives you better words to use, it has a chrome extension from what I know of, and it gives you alternatives to use better words, this may be very helpful for job interviews, personal statements, UCAS and just general class assignments
Last edited by ShahedAli-02; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (264)
60.97%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.85%
No- I want it (116)
26.79%
No- I don't want it (32)