Studying an A-Level whilst at university Watch

Xjabnrlv_saadx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I failed my chemistry A-Level whilst I was at 6th form, I am now at uni doing a course which I would like to lead me on to a masters. For the masters that I would like to do at the university I would like to do it at, I will need another A-Level. I have been looking at doing English Literature and language as these were my favourite and strongest subjects at GCSEs and subjects that will be very beneficial to my future university career, however I am not entirely sure about the best way to go about this. If anyone has studied an A-Level at home, or whilst they are working etc. I would be incredibly grateful if you could let me know how you went about it?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
English is difficult to do as self study as it has NEA (aka coursework). It is hard to find a centre to accept private candidates with coursework as they have to verify it's been completed to exam regulations.
Xjabnrlv_saadx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Compost)
English is difficult to do as self study as it has NEA (aka coursework). It is hard to find a centre to accept private candidates with coursework as they have to verify it's been completed to exam regulations.
thanks, I think I will speak to my original sixth form centre to see if they will accept me as an external candidate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (230)
67.45%
No (111)
32.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed