The Student Room Group

Bad stepparents relations

Hey,

I don’t feel like posting all the background information about my relationship with my stepdad, but basically I need some sort of help figuring out how to handle him till September till I’ll go off to uni. He is just so disrespectful to me and whatever I do is annoying him in some way. Literally got to the point where I was breathing next to him and he got mad at me (personally I found that hilarious but he was actually ****in mad). I don’t know what the relationship is like, but I do know is that I try to respect him but I feel disrespected by him as a human being not as a “daughter”. I’m 18 now and he uses that against me in a way of gEt tHe **** aWay” “mOve OuT” “pAy rEnt” and etc. Obviously my mom is on my side most of the time, but I feel like a burden to her. All I know is that before I’ll go off to Uni there will be a big storm between us, I noted down direct quotes from him one day to find out if they match the “criteria” of emotional/mental abuse- apparently they do?? But I dont feel abused?? If that makes sense idfk. We’re an immigrant family so I dont have any family members living in UK that I could go to live for few moths. But I’m not looking for advice with my and his relationship, I’m looking for advice on how to deal with his bull**** while not annoying my mom about it- because this woman does not deserve to be pissed off 24/7
(I was trying not to make the whole thing sound like a 13 year old complaining about her parents on Facebook but yeah I’m not good with talking about these kind of things hahah)
tbh you really can't do much unless your financially independent, or unless he physically harms you in which case I would inform the police. You have important exams coming up in the summer so try to think about the freedom you will have once you go off to college if there isn't much you can do about this. STAY STRONG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending