springpastell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So I know that Edinburgh is a university with a very good reputation - 30th in the world in some tables, however, this year Lancaster is ranked higher than Edinburgh in the Complete University Guide table for instance. Do you guys think that I should choose a university with an overall good reputation or a university ranked higher this particular year? I feel like Edinburgh is far more prestigious but I don't know?
Rennaofravenwood
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What is it you are applying for? Everyone has something different they're looking for in a university. Reading through the course modules in detail might help you decide. Have you visited them? Trust your gut, an know that you'll end up in the right place.
springpastell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Rennaofravenwood)
What is it you are applying for? Everyone has something different they're looking for in a university. Reading through the course modules in detail might help you decide. Have you visited them? Trust your gut, an know that you'll end up in the right place.
I am applying for Philosophy and Politics and unfortunately I cannot really visit as I don't live in the UK. But thanks for replying!
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I see Edinburgh as more prestigious globally (ranks number 20 in QS world rankings 2020), however Lancaster is also good and I don’t think it would have too different career prospects. Look into the difference between the courses and the places themselves as you want to enjoy the course and living there. If you are happier you are more likely to do well. 🙂
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by springpastell)
So I know that Edinburgh is a university with a very good reputation - 30th in the world in some tables, however, this year Lancaster is ranked higher than Edinburgh in the Complete University Guide table for instance. Do you guys think that I should choose a university with an overall good reputation or a university ranked higher this particular year? I feel like Edinburgh is far more prestigious but I don't know?
Hello,
I'm currently a student at Lancaster, is there anything you'd like to know to help you decide?
As you can see, both universities have good reputations for different reasons - is there anything else you'd like to know about the uni or the city?
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (238)
66.3%
No (121)
33.7%

Watched Threads