Nate.h72
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have to give in my options for gcse in two weeks but I’m struggling because I love working with food so I’m picking food tech but we’ve already picked our humanity subjects geography or history I picked geography so then we have to pick two more I’m stuck between French because lots of jobs and colleges etc like it because it’s like something else you can do or something and it’s easier to get into higher colleges and the other one is drama because I really like my imagination and I think it would boost my confidence Better but also in French there are many opportunities baking competitions going to Paris etc however an actor would be cool to so I’m so torn
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nate.h72)
I have to give in my options for gcse in two weeks but I’m struggling because I love working with food so I’m picking food tech but we’ve already picked our humanity subjects geography or history I picked geography so then we have to pick two more I’m stuck between French because lots of jobs and colleges etc like it because it’s like something else you can do or something and it’s easier to get into higher colleges and the other one is drama because I really like my imagination and I think it would boost my confidence Better but also in French there are many opportunities baking competitions going to Paris etc however an actor would be cool to so I’m so torn
You're putting way too much stock in GCSE choices.

Not taking drama doesn't mean you can't pursue acting.

French should be taken if you enjoy learning languages, and that one in particular.

Take subjects you'll like, not ones you think you'll like or think will give you more options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (253)
61.86%
Yes- I don't like it (19)
4.65%
No- I want it (110)
26.89%
No- I don't want it (27)