I'm in a really tricky situation Watch

Fliw42
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
OK so tommorow is the climate strike and a friend of mine said she'd go with me. Also, tommorow is a non school uniform day in school and, I know it sounds silly, but with my anxiety I physically can't go in on these days cus I'm so scared about stuff idk why but yeh I can't go in to school
The thing is, my friend just texted me and said she can't come to the strike anymore for some reason even though she promised me she would. So now I don't know what to do cus I can't go to school, I can't really go on the strike by myself and I don't wanna lie to my parents and not actually go on the strike. What do i do?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Fliw42)
OK so tommorow is the climate strike and a friend of mine said she'd go with me. Also, tommorow is a non school uniform day in school and, I know it sounds silly, but with my anxiety I physically can't go in on these days cus I'm so scared about stuff idk why but yeh I can't go in to school
The thing is, my friend just texted me and said she can't come to the strike anymore for some reason even though she promised me she would. So now I don't know what to do cus I can't go to school, I can't really go on the strike by myself and I don't wanna lie to my parents and not actually go on the strike. What do i do?
Work out which of those can't's is easiest to turn into can and do that. There is no answer when people box off all possible options in these sort of posts.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
see if a parent/ different friend can accompany you?
otherwise, go to the non uniform day! if your friend isn't going to the strike they are probably going to school, so you two could co-ordinate outfits and hang out etc together (even if it isn't in the way you'd hoped)
that way your education isn't affected either
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Fliw42)
Why can't you go on the strike by yourself? And why can't you go to school by yourself? Shouldn't you practice doing these things on your own so you'll be more confident and less anxious?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (230)
67.45%
No (111)
32.55%

Watched Threads