Stress with exams help Watch

BeckyMichelle1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

So for as long as I can remember I’ve always been very stressed out around exams (panic attacks and sleepless nights). In the next couple of weeks I have loads of exams and Uni open days and I’m very nervous about it, I don’t know what to do with myself, I feel so unprepared yet I have made a million flashcards and quizlets. I just need some advice really😓

I just feel like i’m going to fail all the time and I really want to succeed, but everything’s getting on top of me😓
BUTTERBOO
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you need to relax and breathe. Worrying about it now is not going to do anything to help you. just continue to put the work in. also make sure you do loads of past exam papers!!!!!!!!!!! the content you're writing on your flashcards make sure you actually understand it and you're not writing it down for the sake of it. good luck xx
kiyuni
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
don’t worry! you can only do your best, you seem like you’ve studied a lot and you really care about getting good results which is already a positive sign.

exams are extremely stressful however they’re not the end of the world, even though you feel like you’ll fail you might end up doing really well. focusing on how anxious you are is only going to be detrimental.

take the anxiety and turn it into motivation to study effectively as much as you can. failing isn’t the end of the world.

find your way of studying, if you know you study really well at night rather than in the morning than take advantage of that. same with mind maps, flashcards etc. a few days before the exam i get a whiteboard and do past paper questions one by one, on a whiteboard it’s much less stressful (for me, at least) because it’s so impermanent, it’s almost comforting. if you don’t get full marks, look up the answers and remember them, add them to a quizlet or a flash card, then move onto the next question. thats the easiest way to study (for me) when i’m drowning in anxiety <3 try it out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.53%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.29%
No- I want it (232)
28.54%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.64%

Watched Threads