Not getting calls from recruiters?

Watch
rj23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Guys , I have been applying to jobs basically non stop the past 2 weeks or so.Now the thing is for the past 3 days , I have got barely any phone calls from recruiters about the roles I have applied for on things like Indeed.

To me it doesn’t make sense.My CV seems fine.So I don’t understand the reason for the sudden drop in calls.I am looking for permanent junior admin and junior accounts roles.

Would anyone be able to provide a reason for this?
rj23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any1 advice = much appreciated
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rj23)
Guys , I have been applying to jobs basically non stop the past 2 weeks or so.Now the thing is for the past 3 days , I have got barely any phone calls from recruiters about the roles I have applied for on things like Indeed.

To me it doesn’t make sense.My CV seems fine.So I don’t understand the reason for the sudden drop in calls.I am looking for permanent junior admin and junior accounts roles.

Would anyone be able to provide a reason for this?
Have a think about it. How unique are you as an applicant? How many jobs do you think there are like that in your local area? How often do they come up? What else might be filling the recruiters time? Would there have been a whole gaggle of things open when your CV landed on their desk, but they are used up and now it's just about new opportunities coming in?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some job adverts show how many people have applied for a job; sometimes it's in 3 figures and not all of these will be genuinely interested or qualified, hence a recruiter isn't going to contact anyone except those called for interview, not even with feedback. Ads get over this with the 'if you haven't heard in X days your application has been unsuccessful'.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had better luck in the past with going to recruitment agencies rather than inviting them to come to me. I'll email an application with CV for one of their roles, but then I'll call, introduce myself, ask what sectors/type of contract that agent individually covers and whether they have anything else immediate, pointing out i'm available immediately....and if not, if any of their colleagues have anything that might match my skills'.

It's not perfect but it's generally worked well for me, i've rarely had to wait more than a week for some sort of start and often bypassed all sorts of formal interview processes. Think of the individual recruiters as people with problems, and present yourself as an easy solution.
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
You need job experience. If you are currently working, people will approach you. Some form of day job experience. You're better apply for agency work and getting employment from there and then go visiting and applying online to the roles you would like.

Just avoid the salesman jobs and the fundraisers when you apply online. they're only there to net people who can't seem to get any interviews and they split and chew you up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (38)
48.72%
No, they should still go ahead (17)
21.79%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (23)
29.49%

Watched Threads