The Student Room Group

International Muslim Student

Hey guys I was just wondering how hard it would be for me to fit in into the UK being an International Muslim student, regarding the nightlife etc of universities
Reply 1
depends on where you are- i’m not from London but i assume that’s a very diverse area? there’s probably loads of muslims in the big cities in England (:

there’s a lot of Muslims even in my not-so-big town, i’m sure it’ll be just fine. one of my best friends is Muslim <3 she fits in just fine in high school, i’m sure university will be the same as there’s so many more people from all over the world
What do you mean by nightlife? How religious of a Muslim are you? I think with every University, there will defo be quite a lot of people that don't drink if that's what you're wondering so you could hang out with them?

Depends if you'd want to go to a club etc

Also it's quite hard to generally assume the UK. It depends on the University, the diversity, the % of international students, religious backgrounds etc

I may not be right but personally I think it would be easier to fit in as a POC in a University in London like Kings than Exeter
Reply 3
i'm thinking of going to cardiff and my concern is mainly if i'll have alternate options to have fun at night and not go clubbing etc

Original post by reinaadira
What do you mean by nightlife? How religious of a Muslim are you? I think with every University, there will defo be quite a lot of people that don't drink if that's what you're wondering so you could hang out with them?

Depends if you'd want to go to a club etc

Also it's quite hard to generally assume the UK. It depends on the University, the diversity, the % of international students, religious backgrounds etc

I may not be right but personally I think it would be easier to fit in as a POC in a University in London like Kings than Exeter
Original post by Anonymous
i'm thinking of going to cardiff and my concern is mainly if i'll have alternate options to have fun at night and not go clubbing etc

Hmm that's interesting
Specifically at night and not the evening? I've never been to Cardiff but I presume that like any city it will have things to do like restaurants, shopping etc
Bristol is like an hour away but you can go there if you have the time or stay overnight
But best thing will be to look at the Universities clubs, societies, what is there to do in Cardiff
London is better for this sort of thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending