biggyK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So to keep it short, I want a price on insurance. My license has 11 months on it but you can quote for 4 weeks in advance. If I put had license for 12 months it saves me £500 but at this current moment I don’t have 12 months but by the time the policy starts I will. (0 NCB so that stays the same regardless).

I don’t want to buy it obviously and then get it cancelled and never be able to get a quote since I’d have to disclose ‘fraud’

I have emailed the comparison site to ask but it takes 3-5 days and I can’t see on anywhere else this topic being covered.

Worst case I just wait until I’ve had it 12 months to buy a car but I’m more interested than anything.

Thanks for reading that, long and boring.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Call the insurance company that give you the best quote and ask them
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You put in the details as they would be on day 1 of the insurance. The company is quoting based on your risk during the period of the insurance, not on your risk right now.
biggyK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Talon)
You put in the details as they would be on day 1 of the insurance. The company is quoting based on your risk during the period of the insurance, not on your risk right now.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (255)
66.75%
No (127)
33.25%

Watched Threads