DonnaT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, could anybody help me with regards to student finance and childcare costs - I’m unsure how much or if anything I’d be entitled too when I begin studying (nursing) in September 2020. According to the calculator I’d get £6750 per year maintenance loan but no help toward childcare cost which would be around £700 per month (2 child) I think this may be due to my husbands salary, however it’s still going to be really difficult for me to afford the costs - are there any other options available does anybody know? Many thanks
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DonnaT)
Hi, could anybody help me with regards to student finance and childcare costs - I’m unsure how much or if anything I’d be entitled too when I begin studying (nursing) in September 2020. According to the calculator I’d get £6750 per year maintenance loan but no help toward childcare cost which would be around £700 per month (2 child) I think this may be due to my husbands salary, however it’s still going to be really difficult for me to afford the costs - are there any other options available does anybody know? Many thanks
Hi Donna,

We'll base your funding on your husband's income in the 18/19 tax year. Can you confirm roughly how much he earned then?

Thanks, Graeme
DonnaT
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
£42k
Graeme SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
£42k
Okay, based on this you will be overscale for any Grants for Dependents, unfortunately. Does your husband expect his income to drop by more than 15% in the 20/21 tax year?

Thanks, Graeme
DonnaT
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi Graeme, no he doesn’t. Many thanks Donna
Graeme SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Graeme, no he doesn’t. Many thanks Donna
Thanks for confirming this - based on this, we won't be able to provide any grants, unfortunately. However, we'd recommend speaking to your university's Finance department: they may be able to offer more help and advice. It may also be worth contacting the NHS to see if they're able to help.

Warm regards, Graeme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?